Rules regarding high value troll listings?

Gaia

Are there any rules stopping people from creating a fake listing for something high value(lets just say a burning tc) for 3001 keys and then making it clear in the notes that they want "keys only"?

BP inventory max space is 3000.

asking for a friend.

yes there is iam psure, similar to when some trader made buy orders that included scrap weapons for high tier unusuals and then reject when it wasnt exact offer
they have to be willing to sell for listed price so if someone offered them 2999 and a max's head and they reject i think thats enough proof that they are not actually trying to sell for their listed price and would be reportable

for your specific question probably 

for people making fake listings as a whole, there are rules about them but people still make them anyways

anyone with a brain knows that 3000 keys is a lot for a trade and anyone willing to pay 3001 pure will add you and do a few trades to get all the pure transferred

even trades for 2000 keys plus I'd expect to be a mixed trade at least

37 minutes ago, Sir Spoon The Second said:

for people making fake listings as a whole, there are rules about them but people still make them anyways

anyone with a brain knows that 3000 keys is a lot for a trade and anyone willing to pay 3001 pure will add you and do a few trades to get all the pure transferred

Yeah they'd.. whats the word.. liquify it with, I know a popular one is to liquify them into those cat cosmetics.

3 hours ago, Sir Spoon The Second said:

Different but similar hypothetical: Let’s say This person has 2999/3000 spaces used in their backpack. They’re listing a burning TC for 2 keys. “KEYS ONLY NOTHING ELSE” is the listing note.

Theoretically that person can and let’s say that they will in good faith honor that listing/price if and when the trade offer appears in their inbox. 

However, Steam literally won’t let you send an offer if their bp is full and the trade exceeds their bp space. (You get an error and it won’t go through)

What does Bp say about that?

Classifieds

-snip-

Other issue - such as line cutting, buying only modified items, misleading notes, troll listings, duped buy orders for the same item, etc.

-snip2-

If what you are reporting is not evident from looking at the listing alone, please include screenshots as evidence.

I believe you'd classify such noted listings as "troll" listings. The report mods can decide to remove it if they're reported.

2 hours ago, Deroplat said:

image.png.244f54db51e74e60aef40cc99840b661.png
This is a serious price trust me

You just need to keep an open mind about it bro

4 hours ago, Gaia said:

However, Steam literally won’t let you send an offer if their bp is full and the trade exceeds their bp space. (You get an error and it won’t go through)

For the record, the offer will go through. The error will persist only if the seller tries to accept the offer. In this situation, if the offer goes "ignored" for over 24 hours, the user that sends the offer will be able to report it, assuming they offered the B/O.

If the seller's backpack matched/exceeded the inventory limit, then errors will persist if people try to send the offer. In this situation, the seller can be reported, and will most likely have their listings removed. This has happened quite a bit in the past when users/bots have had sell or buy orders on keys drastically higher than others, but have had a full backpack, preventing people from sending offers.

5 hours ago, zelias said:

You just need to keep an open mind about it bro

we're going to have to give him a brain drain

4 hours ago, Snizzle said:

'the 20,000 key listing is just a place holder'

'Easy to resell, open to offers, I know what I got, dont add send offers'