Unnumbered Gentle Manne's Service Medal

MajinPoo

Today I decided to purchased a gentle manne's service medal via the steam community market. I ended up purchasing the cheapest one available and once i was in-game I noticed it has no number attached to it!

Does anyone know if these unnumbered medals are more rare than the numbered ones?

2024-04-14_14-01-25.png.8d8ef4302b612d232a971a34316d25ea.png

1 minute ago, Heidecker said:

Really no expert on this but that an be found on the wiki for the medal, might just be a displaying glitch or sth though. I bet @HACK THE GIBSON would know.

image.png.e06ea921740cf8bc1af132ff6d4360cf.pnge

If this is 1/38 that don't that's actually really damn cool. I'm gonna refrain from obsessing and trying to get one myself tho, because at the end of the day it's a really niche change lol

Congratulations, this is definitely a really cool random purchase. Even though 30-40 exist, they're rarely for sale since most are with Valve employees. As Heidecker mentioned, I paid 400 keys for mine (thought it was 350 but double checked) in late 2021.

I'm surprised this sold for base price on SCM, but I guess everything ends up there eventually.

Wow 400 keys!? Two years back i managed to get my hands on a clean vintage service medal, and till this day i still have it. By random I decided to buy a regular medal to go with the collection and checked the SCM. I paid 21 euros for this medal, jeez! 

I'm guessing the seller had no clue of what he had in his possession, his steam profile is fully private so I have no idea who he is. 

You ain't have to share the details with us but you can check purchase history on scm to see the seller if it really did just happen to be a valve employee 

1 hour ago, Littlepudintater said:

You ain't have to share the details with us but you can check purchase history on scm to see the seller if it really did just happen to be a valve employee 

i checked the history and previous person (scm seller?) some guy with french comments, backpack.tf history was wiped, tf2items learnt that such an item existed now (TF2 Backpack Examiner - Item Info (tf2items.com) ) maybe it will remember when the untradable period is over

• Like 1

On 4/14/2024 at 9:28 AM, HACK THE GIBSON said:

Congratulations, this is definitely a really cool random purchase. Even though 30-40 exist, they're rarely for sale since most are with Valve employees. As Heidecker mentioned, I paid 400 keys for mine (thought it was 350 but double checked) in late 2021.

I'm surprised this sold for base price on SCM, but I guess everything ends up there eventually.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=943346101

There have been a few sold by Valve employees on the SCM. I bought one back in 2017, for I believe $400, off a guy who had bought his for market price off Steam Market from a Valve employee. 

• Astonished 1