Hunt Down The Pithy

AwesomeSause

If you've been living happily and peacefully the last couple of months unaware I still existed, you may have not realised my new trading arc.

I am trying to acquire a Sunbeams Pithy Professional.

It's been going on for a while, around at least 2-3 months. As of this month, Heidecker has kindly given be Backpack Premium and I was able to find out where several of the 14 (one is in a steam permabanned profile, so it WAS 15) sunbeams pithies. I have been posting updates about every day about my progress as I feel I am close to the end of this arc.

As I like to ramble on incoherently about one topic, I've decided that I'll be posting updates HERE, so as to not plague the status updates with my garbage.

I know that this makes me look stupid doing this, and I've already ruined my social trading reputation multiple times, but I think after I get this hat I'll start moving away from trading. I never really learned to bhop, get much better at surfing or good being a trolldier so maybe I'll start learning these things!

Q&A

Q: Why the pithy professional, and why sunbeams?

A: I use loadout.tf a lot, and one day whilst sifting through multiple allclass loadouts I stumbled upon the pithy professional. I thought this is a neat, compact hat that doesn't take away and look like a tumor (like a metal slug, ect) nor add too much (like a towering pile of ect, ect). The sunbeams effect I've seen around so much in trade servers but still not enough? It's just a great effect I feel, and there's nothing else like it.

Q: Just buy my stuff instead!!!

A: I would, but this is what I REALLY want. If I were to get back into trading after getting this hat, I'd probably just buy stuff of the SCM and then sell it.

If this counts as spam, I do apologise and I'll see myself out.

Thanks for all your help over the years and continue to put up with me, I really wish I could have done better.

• Like 1

Summary of updates so far!!!! (Subject to editing)

Day 1: Heidecker gives me premium, I find the people who own the SBPP's.

Day 2: literally digging through the owners profiles for links, trade links or other social media, adding those who will allow it.

Day 3: sifting through listings, more stalking.

Day 4: more stalking and shifting, traded blizzardy alaka for 50 keys and some skins worth a bunch.

Day 5: offer denied for sunbeams pithy listing, sad but feeling persistent and hopeful for the next couple of weeks.

Day 6: made forum post due to having nothing else better to do till I get home. Tomorrow I will sit on trade servers till I sell the skins then offer again. bought a sunbeams twisted topper for cheap on stn then will resell for profit. Will get to own a sunbeams for now I guess!

Day 7 I think idk 

Tryna sell these skins I got dumped on me proclaiming they're worth more :(

day 8- whatever lets say like 11 or 12

sold my rocket launcher skin for 2 keys

also sold all my craft hats n other items for refined, got enough to buy a key but gonna wait when theyre around 60 ref.

i will have 9 keys pure right now, then selling my skin for idk yet since idc, my hat i wanna sell for 65 but if i get desperate it might be 60, so i basically have 69 keys right now.

if i can sell my skin for 11 then id have 80 keys but i dont think itll sell for 11 so ill just increase hat price and decrease skin price so it meets in the middle.

ALMOST THERE

• 2 weeks later...