Clone's Listing Alerts Discord Server

Clone_Two

Here's a bit of a project I've been working on on and off for a while now.

Name is a WIP but I haven't thought of anything better just yet so im sticking with it for now.

Clone's Listing Alerts

What is it? It's a discord server aimed at providing potential deals and other listing information as soon as they're posted to backpack.tf with the purpose of streamlining the process of finding deals and highlighting those you otherwise may have missed.

Main Features:

• A 24/7 stream of listings filtered between not deals and (potential) deals.
  • A bot to easily access and list listing history (both active and deleted) of any unusual hat you need.
  • An optional opt-in notification for whenever an item is listed under buy orders.

Bonus Features:

• Channels posting every single spell, unusual skin, and ks unusual hat that gets listed on backpack.tf
  • Access to 3+ months worth of listing descriptions and price histories
  • Effect/Hat alerts for collectors

And potentially more as the server develops and new ideas get chipped in!

The discord will be open and free for ~3 days (starting now) before closing to a 5 keys / month subscription.

Discord Invite Link:

https://discord.gg/hGzf5eese2

Discord_LH7rpydw0u.png

Discord_x4uxY5TFMz.png

Discord_r3CD670xFF.png

5 keys a month? Damn. You believe you’ve developed something more useful than bptf premium?

• Thanks 1

5 keys a month for a service that shouldn't cost more than 10 ref lmao.

Most of those services come standard with bp lmao. For free mind you lol

There's a lot of value in being first to a listing, just join and see how it goes for you

If this is anything like Joekiller’s server then I expect your project to be very successful. 5 keys per month sounds like a reasonable price for features this powerful, looking forward to using it.

I had a personal script that aethez helped code for me when I was trading more actively a couple years back and I made hella bank off being one of the first to a listing.

image.thumb.png.b2af297c82a4c5dba18929ccd77fcb08.png

I don't trade as much anymore but I'm joining because the item histories and buyout information being important to me as a price suggestor (and also FOMO).

Looks pretty swag

Its sounds like a great service and all, and I definitely see the use of it. My issue is the 5 keys/month which is almost double 1 month of bp orem mind you, for a *CHANCE* to see a good deal while scrolling. Not to mention, you’re going to have to pray that your 5 keys was worth because you’re going to be competing with at LEAST 15-20 other people that saw the same deal as you.

TL;DR Great service with a good idea behind it, price is just too much for less value

• Like 2

you just had to be there when tf2alerts was live ig, this is a proven model. If I still cared about trading I would be pretty interested ngl...

21 minutes ago, Littlepudintater said:

you just had to be there when tf2alerts was live ig, this is a proven model. If I still cared about trading I would be pretty interested ngl...

This what I’m saying. Many people know that its a great system that works because others have done it before. There will be a lot of people paying the subscription and for 5 keys, you’re going to be competing to get deals. Thats my main issue along with the price. 

1 hour ago, NobodyNose said:

Its sounds like a great service and all, and I definitely see the use of it. My issue is the 5 keys/month which is almost double 1 month of bp orem mind you, for a *CHANCE* to see a good deal while scrolling. Not to mention, you’re going to have to pray that your 5 keys was worth because you’re going to be competing with at LEAST 15-20 other people that saw the same deal as you.

TL;DR Great service with a good idea behind it, price is just too much for less value

5 keys is very reasonable for a project like this.

3 hours ago, ajdislikesyournamingpolicy said:

I had a personal script that aethez helped code for me when I was trading more actively a couple years back and I made hella bank off being one of the first to a listing.

I don't trade as much anymore but I'm joining because the item histories and buyout information being important to me as a price suggestor (and also FOMO).

Looks pretty swag

yo aj gimme dat script and ill let u suggest the hats i buy ;3

1 hour ago, Littlepudintater said:

still here so must be something in there chabuddy

Hey Clone_Two. It's been a minute. I remember when I bought your Massed Flies Le Party Phantom like 2 years ago. This is a very cool topic ngl. I'll keep an open mind for sure and join up. :) 5 Keys does seem pricey, but I get my premium from backpack.tf for free from price suggesting or participating in the price suggesting event. Thanks for sharing btw ^^

yeah idk why would I want this service when premium is half price and I can go do my own searching

ALERT: MASSED FLIES SILLY MCSHIT IS NOW SELLING FOR (13%) UNDER MARKET PRICE!!!

30 people see this, only 1 gets to make the deal. 

ALERT: BURNING FLAMES WAR PIG IS NOW SELLING FOR (52%) UNDER MARKET PRICE!!!

same shit, bunch of people see it, 1 guy gets it

so basically I can go do my own research and strike my own deals for half the initial cost, or pay double to watch a discord server like a hawk with other people doing the same thing so I can rip a potential $25 discount out of someone else’s hands

juice ain’t worth the squeeze here 

I feel like people who have never used something like this should simply refrain from commenting. I can only speak from personal experience using Clone's discord but it's honestly solid as hell. Deals I found off it include:

-Strange Radiant Rivalry Bulb Bonnet: purchased for 17 keys; resold for 50 keys

-Cursed Forever Festive Cover-up: purchased in bulk with another hat- yet to be resold

-Celestial Summit Spiky Viking: $50 USD

-Musical Maelstrom Nuke: 17 keys

-Ominous Stare California Cap: Bought in bulk with another item

I think this is about a month's worth of use, but there is definitely value to getting an early scoop on good deals. I don't think the 5 keys would be worth it in times where hats are selling like hotcakes, but in the Feb-May period when sales are slower and sellers are a little more desperate to sell, I can see myself putting up the funds for one out of those 3 months if I have pure I need to get rid of.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, NobodyNose said:

This what I’m saying. Many people know that its a great system that works because others have done it before. There will be a lot of people paying the subscription and for 5 keys, you’re going to be competing to get deals. Thats my main issue along with the price. 

natural selection

The layout and information that the server has is great, worth the cost monthly if you are proactive enough to find new listings. You'd be competing with the same people (and other people who have this already) if a new listing comes up that's a good deal; but you get to see historically archived listed prices and dates. 

Best of luck clone! 

1 hour ago, NobodyNose said:

Downsides of posting publicly ig

Clone's tool is significantly better than what I wrote and IMO worth the 5 keys if you're a super active trader. Mine is just meant to be a simple tool that shows you new unusual listings and what buyers look like, whereas Clone's discord server actively tracks previous listing prices, calculates good deals, and sorts them into different channels. I do eventually plan to incorporate this into a bigger project, but that probably won't come out for a long time.