Looking for beta testers for new cash site

Brom127

Hey folks,

some of you might already know that I've spent hard at work building a new cash site for TF2 items. A preview version of the final site is live already, at CTrade.tf. It's a preview only, meaning you won't be able to login or otherwise interact with the site.

It's not like the others. More infos in the Discord: https://discord.gg/U3qxnFXHa4

That said, I am now looking for people to test it out and gather some feedback on functionality, design, bugs, etc.. If you are interested, or know someone who is, just @ me or shoot me a DM (Discord: brom127).

In the coming week I will whitelist the accounts of everyone that signed up for the beta. You will also gain access to a special Discord role and channel for feedback, ideas, etc.

Space in the beta is limited, so you might not want to wait 😛

Best regards, Brom

Are you going to have users deposit their items to a "storage bot" that conveniently gets hacked every 6 months? Or will it be like most major CS cash trading sites where the seller sends a trade offer directly to the buyer?

Can anyone vouch for you that is like, actually well known within this community? Saying "It's not like the others" doesn't really strike me the right way, no offense. I haven't seen you anywhere. This just sounds like a scam. 

• Like 3

CTrade for CashTrade? 💀💀 

ngl it feels like a long shot. Yeah I kind of want to see some credibility. This seems suspicious.

Looking for victims, add me on steam.

Did you know that the most liqiud in game store item in the video game Trove is Credit Pouches? Which is an item that gives you 250 "credits" that can be used to buy stuff from the in game store. Do you know what a person says when they want to buy credit pouches in trade chat? "WTB CP" & "WTS CP", this of course, meaning "Want to buy Credit Pouches" and "Want to sell Credit Pouches".

Jokes aside, i have a financial incentive to shill Marketplace and mannco. but you should prolly explain a bit more or show images in this post, i dont want to join your discord, no one is forcing me, but still.

1 hour ago, TheRenegadeSniper said:

Can anyone vouch for you that is like, actually well known within this community?

Im the guy that runs the Dolphin bots, if that counts for anything. Still, I'm just looking for testers, feel free to sit on the side if you're feeling unsure.

• Like 2

The website states that it's a peer-to-peer trading site, does this mean it's a self custody marketplace, similar to csfloat.com?

1 hour ago, Apo said:

The website states that it's a peer-to-peer trading site, does this mean it's a self custody marketplace, similar to csfloat.com?

It just means that anyone can buy or sell items, it still goes through bots. I find that working better while there are no trade restrictions like in cs.

Can you tell us a little more about the "Unbeatable Security" as described in the "About Us" section? What "industry-leading" security measures are implemented (or intend to be implemented) in order to safeguard trades? You mention this project is "not like the others", so I'm trying to deduce what exactly would set your platform apart from established/reputable competition. I wouldn't consider peer-to-peer trading an "industry-leading security measure" so I'm curious to know.

image.png.aa3c2525868f72c8cfdf4e162a35a522.png

Additionally, I noticed while looking over your terms and privacy policy (which just need some work in general to clean things up, make things more consistent/concise) the following:

image.png.2d90937fcbba15168d99516b1458fce4.png

This tells users nothing of how their information is actually kept safe - it's just a one-liner and then a paragraph-long disclaimer.

These are just a couple things I noticed skimming the page. Especially with the recent major hijackings, security and privacy are two of the MOST important aspects of choosing a platform to sell, and frankly your website as it stands does not really communicate that potential users' privacy and security is truly safe. If you're pursuing this project in good faith, I do hope you take this into consideration.

Have you tried appealing your mptf ban? all the mptf whitelisted will likely steer clear until that is resolved.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

why would I want to use this site over marketplace or even mannco

the no fees for buyers thing is cool until you realize it’s going to be tacked on to the price like marketplace. mannco is “cheaper” but then the fees make it around the same price.

after gladiators hack and manncos hack, anyone dumb enough to leave high value items in the hands of random bots deserves to get cleaned like a chump.

all of the writing on the site is fluff with 0 substance, and I fail to see the wow factor that separates this site from others. Every site offers “best security and support” just like papa johns has “the finest quality ingredients” or whatever bullshit they put on the box

its called puffery and it’s legal for companies to do. 

The reason why puffery is not prohibited under advertising or consumer fraud laws is that most courts consider puffing to be so immaterial and unreliable that it cannot form the basis for liability”

basically so long as you don’t outright lie about the site you can say anything you want about your service or product and not get in legal trouble for it

legal puffery: “We offer you the best security in the industry, no questions asked.”

illegal puffery: “With our top of the line security teams on standby, your items are guaranteed safe with us.”

If somehow by a miracle this goes live and thrives, I expect russell to make a ctrade.tf hacked thread soon after

It would definitely be interesting to see another cash site in tf2, but getting enough volume to make it worthwhile will be extremely hard, you'll probably need to get a more unique name too.

• Like 2

the ban on your marketplace tf worries a lot of us. we'd like to know your alt and the main reason of the ban because this is already not a good impression for your project

• Like 3

As someone who was banned on mp.tf for like 2.5 years and just got it appealed this January, I agree with the others, settle your appeal for Mp and then continue this project. I'll have to pass for this one. Good luck though 

9 hours ago, Brom127 said:

it still goes through bots

I'd change the phrasing, I don't think anyone thinks peer-2-peer means peer->bot->peer

3 hours ago, Dominant said:

We want a csbuff-like system for tf2 cash trading

buff already works for tf2 items

i should absolutelly use this website thats been designed by somebode i have never heard of before. your mp.tf ban does NOT make it any easier for anyone to trust you in the slightest and just makes you look EXTREMELLY suspicious.

When's there gonna be a new TF2 outpost-esque (not posts.tf because that's broken) or an auction/raffle site??? Never, that's when, it seems.

20 hours ago, Brom127 said:

It just means that anyone can buy or sell items, it still goes through bots. I find that working better while there are no trade restrictions like in cs.

Credibility concerns aside, bot-mediated trading is becoming less desirable. If you want to differentiate your service offering, peer-to-peer trading would be a good way forward. 

• Like 3

ah well my kink is giving out my credit card info to shady website so this is fucking perfect.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, AwesomeSause said:

When's there gonna be a new TF2 outpost-esque (not posts.tf because that's broken) or an auction/raffle site??? Never, that's when, it seems.

I don't think there's going to be a new outpost type site anytime soon simply because of how steam limits api when it comes to inventory. Steam inventory api changes gets worse every few years.

• Sad 1