i got scammed help

Divley

i was recently contacted my someone who said i had scammed them out of an item, i told them that i hadnt, and we talked for a while. Then they said sorry and said for me to figure it out with a steam support agent and sent me the link to his profile. The "agent" then had me send my items to a bot, then asked me to either buy a 100 dollar steam gift card, or send him 50 keys. I told him no, realizing i had been scammed, he said i would get banned for scamming if i didnt, i told him to ban me, and then said "have a nice day" and left with my items. is there anything i can do to get my items back?

report the accounts to Steam, possibly the accounts will get banned. Unfortunately that's really all there is to do. If they get banned before they can offload your items, they'll be trade-banned, and the items will forever be locked in their inventory. But steam support won't return them, sadly.

On 4/3/2024 at 12:22 AM, Apo said:

report the accounts to Steam, possibly the accounts will get banned. Unfortunately that's really all there is to do. If they get banned before they can offload your items, they'll be trade-banned, and the items will forever be locked in their inventory. But steam support won't return them, sadly.

they pretty much immediately offloaded the items to a trade bot (https://next.backpack.tf/item/14335272406 ) and i reported them immediately, but thanks anyway

Impersonating Steam support is one of the oldest scams. Nothing you can do, learn the lesson and move on. Do not talk to strangers on the internet. ✌️

I'm sorry to hear. Best you can do right now is report them and block them.