What happened to the prices of Quicksell buyers?

Drunk Uncle

I've noticed the bots buying Quicksell unusuals have either dropped their prices, or just have no listings at all. What happened? 

All across the board I've noticed there are no buy listings for mid-tier effects, or if there are, they're noticeably lower than they were a week ago. 

Example: DBD Coldsnap Cap had bots buying at 40 keys last week, now there's no buyers over 30 keys.

this happened when some trading bots got banned

my guess is that some bots that had more competitive rates got hit by bans. the other bots only had a higher buyorder because items already had a buyorder at that price. when those higher listings disappeared, the other bots lowered their prices

The bots with the goodgood rates are banned/offline atm, noticed all the overinflated company man b/os finally got slashed and spellbound b/os are down across the board, my dogger had orders of up to 925 and now we’re back to 500 (for reference)

Yeah this happens sometimes. All you have to do is just wait it out. The bots are going to be unbanned and it should eventually revert to the current state. I do want to say buy orders don't define your item.

• Like 4

Only my hats with buy orders from humans were retained, but as people are saying the bots will come back and so will the buy order prices 

7 hours ago, Bananas said:

dogger

deserved, its a hot dogger.

9 hours ago, Drunk Uncle said:

dropped their prices, or just have no listings at all. What happened

Basically valve mass banning bots for the reason of "Seems like a malicious detection occurred: "Steam Support suspects your account may have been accessed by someone else. We are temporarily forcing your profile private as a security precaution. Please contact Steam Support so we can assist you.""

Most bots will likely return but buyorder values will probably take some time.

There is the massive risk that a good portion of bots wont be unbanned though

Traders thinking they can make 10 keys into 2000 when buy orders disappear (this was their only way of valuing a hat).

5 hours ago, Vincentius said:

its a hot dogger.

pick a time and a place, im fighting you AND I’m removing my shirt this time AND NO you aren’t allowed to keep calling me “tiddy boy” so stop or im gonna get mad……

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Vercetti said:

What is the reason that the bots got banned?

Honestly Steam just made a mistake and they're to unban all the bots that were affected. Eventually everything go back to normal

4 hours ago, lucak said:

I was wondering the same, thanks for the clarification!

Yeah no problem! 😃

7 hours ago, RussellSproutz said:

Honestly Steam just made a mistake and they're to unban all the bots that were affected. Eventually everything go back to normal

So all the items them bots had are just stuck in limbo until then? Kinda crazy feel like half the tf2 economy is in the inventories of these bots lmao.

4 of my 5 trade bots were banned, even though all of them are hosted on the same instance and are piloted by the same process. No reply from staff since 2 days ago, so not sure what to think of it.

4 hours ago, Drunk Uncle said:

So all the items them bots had are just stuck in limbo until then? Kinda crazy feel like half the tf2 economy is in the inventories of these bots lmao.

Yeah pretty much tbh xd