What do y'all think of the trading's future now that bots are exterminated?

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

will it be okay for trading? will it be 2012 but tf2? i was wondering the forumers opinions about this topic.

• Like 1

Do you think so?

From what I heard and saw during the last few days, bots were not supposed to be banned, infact, some of them are working already and others have been unbanned (even MarketplaceTF staff directly said that the site is about to open and work properly again).

Unless Valve modifies their policy related to auto-trading (probably will never happen), bots won't disappear from the trading scene anytime soon.

• Like 2

A couple of trade bots were trade banned but re-established shortly afterwards

bro says: BOTS ARE NOW EXTERMINATED!!!!11!!!1!

the bots will be back and are coming back

I do think bot bans will be happening more often and (hopefully soon) will go away

I do think for a good period of time we are gonna have a form of "bot crisis" where bots will be getting banned in waves which we then resolve (bots getting unbanned) and the cycle repeats until the wave gets smaller and smaller until bots getting banned every now and then and is not a big deal 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sir Spoon The Second said:

the bots will be back and are coming back

I do think bot bans will be happening more often and (hopefully soon) will go away

I do think for a good period of time we are gonna have a form of "bot crisis" where bots will be getting banned in waves which we then resolve (bots getting unbanned) and the cycle repeats until the wave gets smaller and smaller until bots getting banned every now and then and is not a big deal 

I love how this hypothesis makes no fucking sense unless you've been around for long enough to realize that the way Valve handles these things makes no fucking sense, so therefore it... makes sense

This kind of thing has happened before. Not exactly this, but there have been extended periods of time where bot buy and sell orders disappear, trading slows down for a bit but then people realize that it doesn’t matter and we carry on. There will be no lasting damage because of this. 

• Like 4

I've been here since 2012 albeit on and off. Bots helped with automation, but I believe we'll be fine in this current economy. 

Edit:

All the bots that were trade banned will eventually come back

i hope people start doing trading the old fashioned way, since bots are gatekeeping everything and are keeping actually good human traders in a chokehold. 

the rich get richer as usual.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Larry Kaberga said:

listings for allclass unusual cosmetics went from around 7,000 to 4,000 when the bots got banned, thats a lotta listings u gotta admit

1 hour ago, AwesomeSause said:

i hope people start doing trading the old fashioned way, since bots are gatekeeping everything and are keeping actually good human traders in a chokehold. 

People saying only "Rich Traders" have bots just have no clue how to propperly trade in todays TF2 Economy. The times where you can scrap bank and make decent profits with items under 10 keys are long gone unless you have, you guessed it, a bot that does it for you 24/7.

Renting a bot costs 10$ a month once the Gladiator website is back. If you are smart with it, you can easily get those 10$ back with the bot. Maybe its even cheaper to selfhost a bot if you have the technical know how (i dont).

The rich get richer is because the rich have figured out a way or a niche for themselves, established themselves in that area and are now thriving of hard work. If you are trying to make a fulltime trading carreer in 2024 you should have started like 10 years ago, or start now, and probably wont get anywhere until you have those 10 years of experience yourself. Its an oversaturated market that only benefits the ones dedicated enough to full force into it. And even those mostly arent doing this shit "fulltime" or would be better off just getting a god damn job. Most people just enjoy the art of trading or the side hustle, or arent even in it for the money in the first place.

3 hours ago, AwesomeSause said:

I’m considered to be “rich” by the majority of the community and I’ve gotten here without the help of any bots. I had one for a couple months, nearly 2 years ago and it didn’t help me at all. If you actually apply yourself, stop being a doomer, and aren’t scared to spend a bit of cash to get going, there’s no reason why the poor (you) also can’t get rich. 

• Like 3

Bots have never really hindered me and frankly if a bot is screwing with your trading you probably bought too high. Could care less if they leave or come back, if they stay then great I’ll be able to have decent buy orders to look at and never take advantage of. If not, whatever I usually stick to niche items anyway that aren’t usually affected by whatever a bot thinks its buy order should be. Tf2’s economy will be fine with or without them, they exist for convenience they aren’t critical infrastructure. 

2 hours ago, Freak4ever2000™ said:

People saying only "Rich Traders" have bots just have no clue how to propperly trade in todays TF2 Economy. The times where you can scrap bank and make decent profits with items under 10 keys are long gone unless you have, you guessed it, a bot that does it for you 24/7.

Renting a bot costs 10$ a month once the Gladiator website is back. If you are smart with it, you can easily get those 10$ back with the bot. Maybe its even cheaper to selfhost a bot if you have the technical know how (i dont).

The rich get richer is because the rich have figured out a way or a niche for themselves, established themselves in that area and are now thriving of hard work. If you are trying to make a fulltime trading carreer in 2024 you should have started like 10 years ago, or start now, and probably wont get anywhere until you have those 10 years of experience yourself. Its an oversaturated market that only benefits the ones dedicated enough to full force into it. And even those mostly arent doing this shit "fulltime" or would be better off just getting a god damn job. Most people just enjoy the art of trading or the side hustle, or arent even in it for the money in the first place.

too long didnt read, also pasag meter is off the charts

6 hours ago, AwesomeSause said:

too long didnt read

This is why you're poor. You are jealous and salty towards people who have success, ignore their advice, diss them for it, then complain that it's not working out for you. Regardless of bots exist or not, you will always be at the bottom

8 hours ago, AwesomeSause said:

too long didnt read, also pasag meter is off the charts

Brokey is mad someone called him out. Womp Womp get your money up little man. 

52 minutes ago, Rainy said:

Brokey is mad someone called him out. Womp Womp get your money up little man. 

Only time i’ll not smell the copium from a rich trader saying this. GJ ur the first

11 hours ago, Rainy said:

I’m considered to be “rich” by the majority of the community and I’ve gotten here without the help of any bots. I had one for a couple months, nearly 2 years ago and it didn’t help me at all. If you actually apply yourself, stop being a doomer, and aren’t scared to spend a bit of cash to get going, there’s no reason why the poor (you) also can’t get rich. 

never had a bot gang

On 3/22/2024 at 8:48 PM, Larry Kaberga said:

"a couple" and we are still not fully recovered

Owning bots really only helps if you have a lot of good inventory to move. For instance, hosting 5 bots that are only trading a bunch of unique hats I have gotten maybe ~2-3 keys profit total after months of them being online. Considering that even the cheapest VPS instance runs you about $2-3 a month you're actively losing money if you go into bot trading with nothing to sell. Even more so if you pay someone else to set up and host your bot for you, like Gladiator.