Currency Types on the Front Page

medic_bf

Change Earbuds to Max heads (or something more relevant)?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should they change Earbuds to Max heads (or something more relevant) ?

• yea
    • nah

Refined Metal and Keys have always been consistently updated on the front page. It seems fairly obvious as to why they're there since they're the two most common forms of currency, but why are earbuds there as well?

I know Earbuds used to be common 'high-tier currency' back in the day, but now it seems like less an item for transactions and more just a niche collectible. Maybe Max Heads would be better? They're similar to what Earbuds used to be: semi-expensive currency replacements that keep a decently high, consistent value. Earbuds just seem a bit dated and useless being on the front page. Just a thought tho
image.png.3b8f5b8a9fea7061e2ec246af3eda3b5.png

• Like 1

This madman has a listing alert for max's heads 💀

Tbh both Max's and Buds are pretty much useless to list there since like <1% of all trades even involve enough pure to use max's/buds instead.
People that do those trades always check actual listed price anyway, not the displayed suggested price.

Having buds there is just a remnant of the past imo.

• Like 4

They should just put every single liquid promo item up there (BMOC, HOUWAR, Caribou, Max's Head, Horace) until the main page uncomfortably extends your browser to the right. 

I think we should have a giant ticker on the front page like the stock market exchange on wallstreet but, instead of currencies and companies its just russell posts and with how many replies and views the thread has.

Screenshot2024-03-19152224.thumb.png.e8dac5c2797e9c30126248af593b8963.png

they show TODT on backpack next

I so agree that buds aren't really used anymore, how about as default it shows ref and keys and TODT but if your logged in you can have it set to 1 of your liking

• Like 2

how do you guys get the alerts/notifications to appear on the front page like that?

33 minutes ago, Larry Kaberga said:

how do you guys get the alerts/notifications to appear on the front page like that?

image.png.c306e3d5e97de62658fae69e49aa7939.png

If you click the eye on top of the classified listings you can select a price at which you get alerts or set a blank alert, giving you that notification for every new listing.

Same can also be done for buy orders and even price updates through suggestions.

If you mean that they don't show up, I think I had an issue with adblocker a while ago that disabled alerts?  (I think there used to be ads in that spot at some point or sth)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, medic_bf said:

Refined Metal and Keys have always been consistently updated on the front page. It seems fairly obvious as to why they're there since they're the two most common forms of currency, but why are earbuds there as well?

I know Earbuds used to be common 'high-tier currency' back in the day, but now it seems like less an item for transactions and more just a niche collectible. Maybe Max Heads would be better? They're similar to what Earbuds used to be: semi-expensive currency replacements that keep a decently high, consistent value. Earbuds just seem a bit dated and useless being on the front page. Just a thought tho
image.png.3b8f5b8a9fea7061e2ec246af3eda3b5.png

Hi oranges. I've been a trader since 2012 and earbuds used to be like 30 keys at one point, which was in 2013. Ngl I agree.

1 hour ago, Heidecker said:

If you mean that they don't show up, I think I had an issue with adblocker a while ago that disabled alerts?  (I think there used to be ads in that spot at some point or sth)

Thanks, it's the adblocker that's doing it

3 hours ago, Sir Spoon The Second said:

I so agree that buds aren't really used anymore, how about as default it shows ref and keys and TODT but if your logged in you can have it set to 1 of your liking

wait till you go into your account settings and click "Market Spots" on next.backpack.tf, it'll blow your mind
image.thumb.png.5b4a4e3d8a15c9e94e783149c6319d46.png

4 minutes ago, SirDapper said:

wait till you go into your account settings and click "Market Spots" on next.backpack.tf, it'll blow your mind

The real third currency

Screenshot_20240319-182118_Waterfox.jpg

4 hours ago, SirDapper said:

The one, true tertiary currency:

image.thumb.png.caef7a8b27e11ffa23e1c628ad1ec028.png

18 hours ago, SirDapper said:

YESSSSSSSSSSS

THANK YOU

Remove earbuds and max heads as a currency altogether we only use metal n keys, I wouldn't mind being paid in max heads or buds though but like not sure anyone cares that they exist and they would certainly not bother using them to trade