Why are a bunch of trading bots trade banned?

wersady

image.png.e7e572145087e456f6cc1a6c4cdd4356.png

It's not every bot but a whole bunch of them are suddenly trade banned. Anyone know what's going on?

• Thanks 1

A post was made about 1 of the dolphin bots getting banned and cave (owner of gladiator.tf) shared some info but it doesn't fully explain why as it looks like even he doesn't know

• Like 1

Probably valve messing around with their code, my guess is that it will go back to normal after the weekend/within the next week.

Wouldn't be the first time.

• Like 1

Community ban not trade ban will probs be fixed or addressed after this weekend 

• Like 1

Steam.

That’s all I can say because that’s all anyone knows

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

damn. I hope these bots get unbanned soon. A hat I really want is on an account that got community banned... image.thumb.png.a9d7fad25f123aefdc6329a6679bac02.png

• Like 1

Marketplace, scrap, and gladiator bots have also faced bans. The end is near

• Like 2

I looked at about random listings from about 40 different bots. About half of them were banned. Anyone know if all the banned bots belong to a specific service like Gladiator? 

• Like 1

Looks like marketplace.tf disabled trading on their site until this has been resolved. At least that's what it shows in bright red on the main page.

• Like 1

Vatican rises up and bots are getting banned, I think this is it, peer trading will rise due to steam being stupid.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, RussellSproutz said:

I want to quote Triple: "If it's not in your inventory, it's not your items."

Bro got the Ubisoft mindset fr lmao

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, AwesomeSause said:

Bro got the Ubisoft mindset fr lmao

Fr fr lol

• Like 1

On 3/16/2024 at 3:28 AM, Snizzle said:

Looks like marketplace.tf disabled trading on their site until this has been resolved. At least that's what it shows in bright red on the main page.

Does anyone know when marketplace will be up? Or maybe is it up, you can still buy stuff from my understanding but not revieve them since the bots are banned, no?

On 3/16/2024 at 3:28 AM, Snizzle said:

Do you know for how long, or if they are up?

40 minutes ago, ganza said:

Do you know for how long, or if they are up?

I had no issue depositing to marketplace just right now, also was able to withdraw money. However, some items I was selling that I tried to withdraw are still stuck in withdrawal limbo ( for a few days now).

Feels like their system responsible for sending out trades might be a bit overloaded. Most of the site is already working again though.

Hopefully scrap.tf can sort their bots out. Currently have an unusual taunt in limbo after attempting to auction it off.

Though bots are convienient I sincerely hope they lose a lot of their credibility due to this. The entire nature of trading has changed drastically in the last decade thanks to bots. p2p trading has gone down the toilet. Unless you have a very specific item someone wants or are giving out a great deal, it's a waste of time to advertise in trade servers. Hopefully this serves as a wake-up call to all traders, especially the top-tiers, that Valve cannot be trusted to protect their players. They could implement an update tomorrow that garuntees an unusual every 10 crates, or a random drop crate that doesn't need a key to open, or saturate the market with new collectors weapons. Will they? probably not. But, maybe.

Even if all bots are banned indefinitely, the damage has been done. We are witnessing the heat death of TF2 trading. Too many items, too much inflation, and too much competition.

Not to mention the .01% of traders with BP values enough to buy a house who horde unusuals and other niche rare items that they buy with pennies on the dollar then hike the price up 10x or more because they can. Gone are the days of fair trade or trading for fun. Everything is for profit. If you're a lower/middle-tier trader looking to make a buck you're SOL unless you get very, very lucky or pour hundreds of $ into your account along with hundreds of hours spent actually selling the items. New traders get taken advantage of every day because of the lone wolf mentality. 

At the end of the day, these are pixels in a nearly 2 decade old game thay we give value to and if the bot ban should tell you anything it's that eventually everything won't be worth anything, so enjoy it while it lasts.

On 3/25/2024 at 7:34 AM, Python. said:

Hopefully scrap.tf can sort their bots out. Currently have an unusual taunt in limbo after attempting to auction it off.

Though bots are convienient I sincerely hope they lose a lot of their credibility due to this. The entire nature of trading has changed drastically in the last decade thanks to bots. p2p trading has gone down the toilet. Unless you have a very specific item someone wants or are giving out a great deal, it's a waste of time to advertise in trade servers. Hopefully this serves as a wake-up call to all traders, especially the top-tiers, that Valve cannot be trusted to protect their players. They could implement an update tomorrow that garuntees an unusual every 10 crates, or a random drop crate that doesn't need a key to open, or saturate the market with new collectors weapons. Will they? probably not. But, maybe.

Even if all bots are banned indefinitely, the damage has been done. We are witnessing the heat death of TF2 trading. Too many items, too much inflation, and too much competition.

Not to mention the .01% of traders with BP values enough to buy a house who horde unusuals and other niche rare items that they buy with pennies on the dollar then hike the price up 10x or more because they can. Gone are the days of fair trade or trading for fun. Everything is for profit. If you're a lower/middle-tier trader looking to make a buck you're SOL unless you get very, very lucky or pour hundreds of $ into your account along with hundreds of hours spent actually selling the items. New traders get taken advantage of every day because of the lone wolf mentality. 

At the end of the day, these are pixels in a nearly 2 decade old game thay we give value to and if the bot ban should tell you anything it's that eventually everything won't be worth anything, so enjoy it while it lasts.

the bi-weekly "trading is really over this time guys!!!" post

8 hours ago, Cave said:

the bi-weekly "trading is really over this time guys!!!" post

Oh, it'll never be over until Valve shuts down the servers, but it will degrade more and more until then.