Avoid commenting on people's profiles entirely to avoid bans.

bob_2_

I have now received a second community ban for leaving comments about buying or selling items on people's profiles. It is crazy that steam support is actively banning comments like these while there are thousands of obvious bots are all over the platform. 

This sucks because many older accounts will block if you add with no comment, but if you try to comment you get banned.

I guess we just never comment on profiles moving forward.

Here are the comments I made by the way:

image.png.4b1538078595beb96dec682bd5849ccb.png

all words related to trading "buy/sell/price/bargain/exchange" etc are blacklisted by steam in the comments 

Yea the Steam AI is pretty sensitive to any comment that contains the words 'sell' or 'buy' in particular even while not spamming, the only ones that seem fine are when you say you want to 'ask about an item'.

ever since this whole fiasco started,if i really have to leave a comment,i usually just say "adding you for *name of the item*" and avoid all the naughty forbidden words

worked so far (and now i've jinxed it)

Don't even leave comments period tbh. It's not worth the risk. When I got community banned the most annoying part was losing all my outbound friend requests which was like 20+

Unless you're suuuuper desperate to get an invite accepted or something, in which case- keep your comment super brief. If you're interested in a Burning Flames Killer Exclusive, simply comment "burning KE".

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Flaim said:

Don't even leave comments period tbh. It's not worth the risk. When I got community banned the most annoying part was losing all my outbound friend requests which was like 20+

Unless you're suuuuper desperate to get an invite accepted or something, in which case- keep your comment super brief. If you're interested in a Burning Flames Killer Exclusive, simply comment "burning KE".

Yeah, that will be the move going forward. 

11 hours ago, Flaim said:

Completely forgot it happened to me too but mine had a weird outcome where every single comment I ever wrote on steam got deleted, they weren't even sure why. Id def recommend just not commenting on profiles 

3 hours ago, Littlepudintater said:

Completely forgot it happened to me too but mine had a weird outcome where every single comment I ever wrote on steam got deleted, they weren't even sure why. Id def recommend just not commenting on profiles 

That's what a community ban does