Item History Question

Foxtrot

Hello.

Recently I applied a strangifier to my professor specs, but when I checked the item history, the newly created strange specs were the only ones listed (see picture). Same with an unusual I unboxed and modified. I'm assuming this is because of the Steam API, since backpack.tf keeps showing me a fallback inventory and whatnot.

Anyway, my question is - is it possible to "scan" and "inject" Steam's item history into backpack.tf item history? (see picture). Keep in mind that these items never left my backpack and don't need to be traced through multiple profiles.

It really isn't a big deal but having the original IDs on backpack.tf would definitelly help out my OCD.

Thanks in advance for anyone in the know about this stuff.

Screenshot_2024-03-11-23-18-12-298_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-11-23-30-30-222_com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-11-23-31-03-245_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-11-23-32-33-837_com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-11-23-32-52-052_com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community.jpg

Backpack's item history is just a list of what inventories the item has been traded to. It doesn't keep track of how the item has been modified.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxtrot said:

since backpack.tf keeps showing me a fallback inventory and whatnot.

Fallback does not return original item ids.

Anyway, my question is - is it possible to "scan" and "inject" Steam's item history into backpack.tf item history?

This isn't a feature.

It really isn't a big deal but having the original IDs on backpack.tf would definitelly help out my OCD.

The original id is there at the top and can also be used as the url https://backpack.tf/item/14270107415

27 minutes ago, wersady said:

It doesn't keep track of how the item has been modified.

Maybe not how but it will show updated ids if they change in your inventory (I believe I applied strange parts or pro ks to change the id in this example)

image.thumb.png.cbbbaf53ef5cec9cb166c03df2827d89.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You cannot have the history of this item "injected" in backpack.tf. But for future item modifications, if you wanna keep track of them, you need to make sure the original item has been tracked by backpack.tf first, before making the modification. Just make sure your backpack is fully loaded (not in fallback) and you appear in the history of the item. Then you can make the modification and "scan" your backpack again, and you'll appear in the history of the item twice.

backpack data was wiped recently (idk if this contributes but hey)

1 hour ago, AwesomeSause said:

backpack data was wiped recently (idk if this contributes but hey)

This ^, item history was wiped a bit ago. Also if their backpack was never refreshed/viewed on backpack.tf while owning the item they would not show in the history.

AwesomeSause wanted his items to be 1 man history so he could sell them for big profit so he infiltrated the back-end and wiped item histories

Thanks for the responses everyone.

I've got another question about Professor Speks. If I were to delete them, would refering a new player give me a new pair? I know the wiki says "If a player receives multiple votes from free account users, they do not receive a duplicate item. Rather, the description information on their existing Professor Speks updates to reflect the new count." but it doesn't say if this also happens if your Speks were deleted

3 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

Thanks for the responses everyone.

I've got another question about Professor Speks. If I were to delete them, would refering a new player give me a new pair? I know the wiki says "If a player receives multiple votes from free account users, they do not receive a duplicate item. Rather, the description information on their existing Professor Speks updates to reflect the new count." but it doesn't say if this also happens if your Speks were deleted

I think the easiest and cheapest way to check this would be to buy a map stamp, delete the map hat, and then buy another one. Unlike potentially losing strange Speks, this will only put you out 2$, and theoretically it should function the same since they are both items that are awarded the first time and then tracked for further milestones.

I find the most interesting part of this thread is the fact someone actually unironically unboxed a crate 54 in 2024 and managed to get a unusual