Unpriced hats and marketplace sellers

AwesomeSause

How do i push past 90-100 key hats when all of them are being held by MP sellers?

1. made bad trade, unpriced, salvageable apparently and definitely possible,had offers but lowballs

2. been sending trades to people who've wanted items, offline so much the trades run out

3. could dump but would then lose 40 key profit ive worked hard for

hold or dump?

Edited by AwesomeSause
edited for 12 year olds

If looking for advice, follow these simple steps for guaranteed success.

1. Confirm Marketplace sellers do indeed not change their prices (especially big bps)

2.confirm Lizard people exist

3. Complain your crappy hat is indeed crappy and that the Lizards don't want to pay your price for your hat.

4. Yes, dedicate your life to scrolling the listings.

5. And last of all, insult the people who you are asking advise from, always goes down well.

But in all srsness,

if you are trading for an item you want - get a job and buy the item.

If you are trading for the sake of making profit and looking to get up their in bp value? - start at, atleast 500 keys as below that and profit margins greatly decrease.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

unpriced not equal to 100k
and this effect is really bad.. I think you had a p.moon - if that's the case, then I have bad news for you

• Sad 1

Yo awesomesauce. Yeah unfortunately when people trade they seem to evaluate your item at buy orders and put their items at sell orders. Buy low sell high. Anyways if you do want to buy things you like. Getting a part time job will help fund your TF2 hobby.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AwesomeSause said:

(Not like you lot care or take anything seriously anymore, but worth a shot.)

dude apart from russellpostings, you're the biggest troll I know on this forum 😂

Dump your hat buy something else this isn’t mp sellers being bad you bought a hat with 3 other sellers and can’t get rid of it wdym

• Confused 1

You bought a hat with a very obscure value.

The effect is still very new and there is no way of telling in what tier it will ultimately settle in (if it won’t be forgotten and lost in the sheer mass of unusual effects). There was no phase of awe for the effect like it happened with Pumpkin Moon, Treasure Trove or all those nebula-deviations, so most traders will simply skip over the effect.

Ultimately it is an okay all class hat with a neat new effect. There could definitely be a market for it, but it will probably take a while for someone to be genuinely interested in that specific combo. 

You took a risk that did not pay out. Maybe it still will, maybe it won‘t. If you primarily want to actively trade for profit and quickly flip hats you probably picked the wrong item. If you like it and are patient it might be the perfect choice for you.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lucyfer said:

dude apart from russellpostings, you're the biggest troll I know on this forum 😂

that has no effect, market manipulator.

stop assuming everyones trolling.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Onion-Turtle said:

You bought a hat with a very obscure value.

The effect is still very new and there is no way of telling in what tier it will ultimately settle in (if it won’t be forgotten and lost in the sheer mass of unusual effects). There was no phase of awe for the effect like it happened with Pumpkin Moon, Treasure Trove or all those nebula-deviations, so most traders will simply skip over the effect.

Ultimately it is an okay all class hat with a neat new effect. There could definitely be a market for it, but it will probably take a while for someone to be genuinely interested in that specific combo. 

You took a risk that did not pay out. Maybe it still will, maybe it won‘t. If you primarily want to actively trade for profit and quickly flip hats you probably picked the wrong item. If you like it and are patient it might be the perfect choice for you.

thank you, thats all i needed.

4 minutes ago, AwesomeSause said:

yeah no ones taking this seriously, i know what i did and asked what would you guys do, of course as usual its just pasag replies.

right click delete item

• Haha 1

Forget about trading! You ever been to Chicago? You see I'm a businessman, and I could need someone like you for my business. Sign with my agency and I'll make you rich, kid. I'll take care of the business and all the talking.
You just draw what the pyro main wants and before you know it, those 100 keys you was talking about will be chump change. Capiche?

furrymafia.jpg

13 minutes ago, Melusine said:

Forget about trading! You ever been to Chicago? You see I'm a businessman, and I could need someone like you for my business. Sign with my agency and I'll make you rich, kid. I'll take care of the business and all the talking.
You just draw what the pyro main wants and before you know it, those 100 keys you was talking about will be chump change. Capiche?

furrymafia.jpg

But Mr Calpol I can't draw good, let alone the nasty stuff kids these days want, i-i-i just can't do it sir..

1 hour ago, Apo said:

right click delete item

Followed the instruction and deleted everything, now I have nothing left to lose 👍.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you want tips on how to break out of the sub 100 key range, add me on steam, I can give you some advice.

• Like 2

Gonna be completely honest with this.

The pithy was far better than the Alakablamicon you got, not sure why you would willingly just downgrade like that.

I sold that pithy recently in a bulk trade valued at 100 (Ren is also my account).

When dealing with unpriced items you cant rush to sell them lol, that's a guaranteed way to take a loss, especially with items like the pithy.

On 3/11/2024 at 8:37 AM, Onion-Turtle said:

The effect is still very new and there is no way of telling in what tier it will ultimately settle in

Festive lights was released in 2021, its by far not new anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vincentius said:

Gonna be completely honest with this.

The pithy was far better than the Alakablamicon you got, not sure why you would willingly just downgrade like that.

I sold that pithy recently in a bulk trade valued at 100 (Ren is also my account).

When dealing with unpriced items you cant rush to sell them lol, that's a guaranteed way to take a loss, especially with items like the pithy.

Festive lights was released in 2021, its by far not new anymore.

yeah you're right, will probably end up back at it at some point lmao

Problem is, it would haven't ever sold due to one other trader selling it and lowering it to whatever he wants whenever I tried, I offered it at discount several times and literally took anything towards the end but incoming offers weren't sensible.

Also the fact that everytime I asked for advice people said it was a terrible hat, it's a new effect and graded so I gave it up.

I dumped to STN for 56 keys, bought a blizzardy alaka for 54, and will sell it for 70, which is the lowest. Will move on from there.

I got lucky and blew it, and I just have to move on.

Not sure what else to do except move on since I only get this type of useful info way after lmao, thanks for your help and will keep it in mind!