How I got a Salvaged Crate 40 and 2 Scorched Crates for Free!

RussellSproutz

This YouTube short I posted 2 years ago back in 2022 was about 2 crate trades that I did way back in July 2012 when I was 13 years old with less than $10 in my backpack. Just got premium and bought 2 keys on the in-game MannCo store during the Pyromania Update.

I remember LimeLimes very well. I was in a random trade server. I don't remember but it was like a trade rawr server that we have today. So, they sent me an in-game trade offer and added the Scorched Crate, Salvaged Crate 40, and a Scorched Crate in that order without saying anything and readying up the trade. I was none the wiser and just took it. Later on the day, I told my irl friends about it after a bible study and they said I should unbox it. I said no and when I got home I sold the Salvaged Crate 40 for 6 keys and then 15 ref, because keys in Summer 2012 were like 2.44 - 2.55 refined.

Thank you, LimeLimes for starting my trading career. Still wild finding this in my trade history though after more than a decade.

It goes to show, I also hustled back then and did more crate trading as well. Goes to show if you're patient and an opportunity arises, take the opportunity. Even if it means you have to accept a random in-game trade request.

Did y'all get any lucky situations that happened to y'all too?

Feedback is always welcome 😁

Please consider lying low on crates for now lest we get another of....that. 

• Thanks 3

someone gave me loaf loafers for free once, and a head prize for a key off

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Deller said:

MUST UNBOX MUST UNBOX

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Deller said:

Yeah, you're right deller. I was just looking at my videos and finding this, homie. I was like I had a crate/case fiasco 2 weeks ago lol

Edit: It would be cool to share from an older time that I remember so vividly.

So that's what I did. If anything this was a gift from LimeLimes.

Hey Russel I know this has been said a lot, but at this point you are flooding the forums with useless spam. I highly doubt that anyone cares about how you got some crates for free. It doesn't matter. Please use some restraint when posting because it pushes other more important topics down, sometimes before they get a chance to be seen.

1 minute ago, Rainy said:

Hey Russel I know this has been said a lot, but at this point you are flooding the forums with useless spam. I highly doubt that anyone cares about how you got some crates for free. It doesn't matter. Please use some restraint when posting because it pushes other more important topics down, sometimes before they get a chance to be seen.

Hey Rainy. I'll be real. You're right. There has been some like TF2EASY hack yesterday that I posted that should be more noticed.

45 minutes ago, Rainy said:

Well said.

Put shit like this where it belongs, on discord. Where it can just get flooded out if no one cares.

Looking back now I can't even believe you applied for community moderator with the way you treat the forums.

Don't you have friends you can send shit like this to instead of blogging 

Unfortunately, the backpack.tf forums are not your personal diary.