I made a game about TF2 trading and community servers

lucak

Hi, In the spirit of tf2 community I want to show you the game I'm working on that's specifically inspired by my experience playing tf2 growing up and how much I love it, most of my time was in community servers and I even had my own server and community at some point.
Sadly we all know how things turned out, almost all communities died eventually and become memories of fun times in a place that no longer exists. My server reopened 5 times, but we quickly come to the same conclusion "things are not like they used to" 

My game is a visual novel about a group of friends playing a fictional game, the story follows their journey trying to make it in life by using trading as an escape from having real jobs, the twist: they find a money dupe glitch and keep it to themselves
The narrative is about navigating the social and moral aspects and a lot of existential questions like "what the hell am I doing? when did this game become a job?" "what if the game disappears?" "bots are ruining everything REEEE" 

I just launched a free demo, you can play on itch as well as on steam
if it's not your thing it's ok but I would love to see the tf2 community get involved with it (since it's really the first fiction depicting the game trading scene? And it's not from the POV of an NFT crypto bro)

https://linktr.ee/conventogame
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2816590/Convento/

BTW I'm still a TF2 enjoyer, this game will never die 

Screenshot (31).png

ApplicationFrameHost_IZYw192Ln4.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, lucak said:

Hi, In the spirit of tf2 community I want to show you the game I'm working on that's specifically inspired by my experience playing tf2 growing up and how much I love it, most of my time was in community servers and I even had my own server and community at some point.
Sadly we all know how things turned out, almost all communities died eventually and become memories of fun times in a place that no longer exists. My server reopened 5 times, but we quickly come to the same conclusion "things are not like they used to" 

My game is a visual novel about a group of friends playing a fictional game, the story follows their journey trying to make it in life by using trading as an escape from having real jobs, the twist: they find a money dupe glitch and keep it to themselves
The narrative is about navigating the social and moral aspects and a lot of existential questions like "what the hell am I doing? when did this game become a job?" "what if the game disappears?" "bots are ruining everything REEEE" 

I just launched a free demo, you can play on itch as well as on steam
if it's not your thing it's ok but I would love to see the tf2 community get involved with it (since it's really the first fiction depicting the game trading scene? And it's not from the POV of an NFT crypto bro)

https://linktr.ee/conventogame
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2816590/Convento/

BTW I'm still a TF2 enjoyer, this game will never die 

Screenshot (31).png

ApplicationFrameHost_IZYw192Ln4.jpg

Sorry I was wrapping up a trade, what's up with this game?

Damn this looks dope, hoping to get it so i can play it and review it on my curator.

22 hours ago, Simple said:

Sorry I was wrapping up a trade, what's up with this game?

Dam you caught that reference! 

22 hours ago, beblonski said:

i really like the art style, added to wishlist :)

20 hours ago, EstebanX said:

Damn this looks dope, hoping to get it so i can play it and review it on my curator.

Thank you so much for the kind words, I'm having a hard explaining what it's about to non tf2 players, but I'm so glad this community get's it!