How do I “trade up” an Australium?

Prikki

Just did my first mvm tour a few weeks ago and got an Australium Black Box. 

Issue is, I don’t know how to play Soldier and have little interest in figuring out how.

How could I trade away the Black Box for another, higher value Australium for a class I’m more likely to use?

You can sell the Australium for what's it listed on classifieds https://backpack.tf/stats/Strange/Australium Black Box/Tradable/Craftable (~18 keys) and buy other items with the keys you get from that. If you want a more expensive Australium you would either have to spend some money on the game and buy more keys or start trading for profit until you get enough for a more expensive aussie.

18 minutes ago, Prikki said:

Just did my first mvm tour a few weeks ago and got an Australium Black Box. 

Issue is, I don’t know how to play Soldier and have little interest in figuring out how.

How could I trade away the Black Box for another, higher value Australium for a class I’m more likely to use?

Congrats homie on the aussie drop. You could sell that aussie as well and get some lower tier australiums such as the Blutsauger or Axtinguisher, but yeah Heidecker said it all tbh. Put money or trade up with inclusion of the Australium Black Box.

When you say “put money,” do you mean to buy keys and then use them to make up the difference of the aussie I’m buying?

Would it be at all worth it to get killstreak kits/fabricators to raise its value?

2 minutes ago, Prikki said:

When you say “put money,” do you mean to buy keys and then use them to make up the difference of the aussie I’m buying?

Would it be at all worth it to get killstreak kits/fabricators to raise its value?

Yeah, you would have to either make profit through trading or buy keys with real money. Also it's usally not worth to put killstreak kits or parts on items if you plan to sell them since applied kits/parts/etc lose a decent chunk of their value.

congrats man

for the most profit from mvm do two cities, you get killstreak kits and can get aussies, some killstreak kits can be really profitable and worth more then most aussie (example pro ks rocket launcher kit), I'd recommend learning about pro ks combos to maximize your profits

1 thing you NEED to know about mvm

It's gambling and NEVER go into mvm expecting to make any profit

mvm is rigged against you and should only be played for fun and not for profit

just like a cassino never go into it expecting to leave with more, if you expect to leave with more then you are lost and your never going to leave

2 hours ago, Prikki said:

1. Sell black box, find Australium you want, buy rest of keys needed for more expensive item.

2. Sell black box, sell other items in your inventory to reach amount needed for more expensive item

3. List your stuff on backpack classifieds, accept overpay in items and flip those too

option 1 takes 10 minutes, option 2 about a day depending on what you have, option 3 could take days to weeks to months depending on how good you are at flipping

if you aren’t 14 just spend the $40 in keys and get the better Aussie, otherwise gl

You're doing premium MVM tours in enough volume to get an australium...........

but you don't know how to play soldier? Are you fr?

56 minutes ago, TheTexanTiger said:

They dropped it first tour. Lucky guy

5 hours ago, Brown said:

They dropped it first tour. Lucky guy

It’s always the new guy right? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheTexanTiger said:

Some people really stick to 1, maybe 2 or 3 classes, its a preference. Let them have fun! Also yeah first tour. I fortunately got my first aussie drop on tour 3 :P

• Like 1