Goodbye Team Fortress 2

koniii

To be honest, I don't necessarily think anyone should care too much about this post. It's more or less directed to the actual game instead. Team Fortress 2, God you've been such a giant part of my online career and I'm so grateful for the amazing memories. Unfortunately, it's not the same anymore. The servers are bot ridden and it doesn't seem like Valve will fix it. I keep having hope, but hope isn't good enough. You've become nothing but a bot ridden money hole for me. I've invested so much time and money just to end up becoming a target for scammers and sometimes they've won too and took so much money from me. This wasn't the way I wanted things to end. This isn't the way I wanted to stop playing but I know if I continue to play, it'll only become much harder to let you go when your time is inevitably coming to a conclusion soon. You're a 2007 game, that alone is amazing. You've managed to stay relevant for nearly 2 decades. Sadly, Valve can't see that. It's best for me to let you go while I have the option to. This post alone hurts so much more than any romantic breakup I've had. Call me cringe but It's hard to let go of the one and only game I've wanted to play, after school, after work, and even after dates sometimes. This isn't like any other game. It's like giving up and dropping a close friend. It's hard to watch you crumble slowly, watching all the fan-made projects get shut down, watching the economy spiral into insanity, having large portions of the game rendered useless (in game trading.) It doesn't have that special touch it once had. VSH feels plain, MVM is broken, Casual is pointless, JB is Admin Abused, Trading is incredibly slow. Even the community couldn't save it forever. In conclusion, I love this game so much. I'm going to miss this game incredibly as well but it's sometimes better to let go than to hold on. Goodbye Team Fortress 2 may Valve someday praise you as they once did. Thank you for the memories. 

Screenshot 2024-02-29 224617.png

1 hour ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

See you again in 3 years

I'd even say this Halloween. If you've soaked up the atmosphere enough, I've made attempts to get out and forget before. This game sits on a different level in my heart. Even if you do log into the game for 20-30 minutes a day.

• Love 1

42 minutes ago, RouzenZaker said:

I'd even say this Halloween. If you've soaked up the atmosphere enough, I've made attempts to get out and forget before. This game sits on a different level in my heart. Even if you do log into the game for 20-30 minutes a day.

its more than a game at this point, it’s a whole ecosystem. modern games can’t even hold a finger to it

6 hours ago, koniii said:

To be honest, I don't necessarily think anyone should care too much about this post. It's more or less directed to the actual game instead. Team Fortress 2, God you've been such a giant part of my online career and I'm so grateful for the amazing memories. Unfortunately, it's not the same anymore. The servers are bot ridden and it doesn't seem like Valve will fix it. I keep having hope, but hope isn't good enough. You've become nothing but a bot ridden money hole for me. I've invested so much time and money just to end up becoming a target for scammers and sometimes they've won too and took so much money from me. This wasn't the way I wanted things to end. This isn't the way I wanted to stop playing but I know if I continue to play, it'll only become much harder to let you go when your time is inevitably coming to a conclusion soon. You're a 2007 game, that alone is amazing. You've managed to stay relevant for nearly 2 decades. Sadly, Valve can't see that. It's best for me to let you go while I have the option to. This post alone hurts so much more than any romantic breakup I've had. Call me cringe but It's hard to let go of the one and only game I've wanted to play, after school, after work, and even after dates sometimes. This isn't like any other game. It's like giving up and dropping a close friend. It's hard to watch you crumble slowly, watching all the fan-made projects get shut down, watching the economy spiral into insanity, having large portions of the game rendered useless (in game trading.) It doesn't have that special touch it once had. VSH feels plain, MVM is broken, Casual is pointless, JB is Admin Abused, Trading is incredibly slow. Even the community couldn't save it forever. In conclusion, I love this game so much. I'm going to miss this game incredibly as well but it's sometimes better to let go than to hold on. Goodbye Team Fortress 2 may Valve someday praise you as they once did. Thank you for the memories. 

Screenshot 2024-02-29 224617.png

Hi Koni I had the same feeling on TF2. The current state of play is rough. I'm currently taking a break due to midterms and spring break coming in like less than 2 weeks.

I truly don't think it's a goodbye more like a see you later or like me taking a break.

Good luck though and I do pray that Valve does fix their game. Maybe with the 64bit update that's coming. :)

6 hours ago, Bananas said:

its more than a game at this point, it’s a whole ecosystem. modern games can’t even hold a finger to it

Unironically, it has so many different things to do inside it, no other game comes close.

Trading would be healthier if people hadn’t made it their career lol

I'm on such immense levels of cope that i don't see a problem with this game, been playing and enjoying the same game for the past few years and will continue in the future.

Where is your playtime? I clicked your Rep.tf link and it says 0 hours played. You also do not have Team Fortress 2 on your Steam account.

image.thumb.png.1a12162b714926d501e262435c5c287e.png

1 hour ago, Baloo said:

Where is your playtime? I clicked your Rep.tf link and it says 0 hours played. You also do not have Team Fortress 2 on your Steam account.

image.thumb.png.1a12162b714926d501e262435c5c287e.png

Honestly, that applies for everyone. I have 6000+ hours on TF2, but apparently I have 0 hours of TF2 play time lol

I have played Casual and MvM, so I think that's just a bug on rep.tf

1 hour ago, TCLG6x6 said:

I'm on such immense levels of cope that i don't see a problem with this game, been playing and enjoying the same game for the past few years and will continue in the future.

me too, actually its good that we dont have gameplay changing updates because it allows us to not lose the sense of familiarity we have with what we use i will even go out in a limb to say the game is stuck in a mostly balanced state (this is in a perfect world where the scorch sht is unpopular)

1 hour ago, VC FP RussellSproutz_YT HF said:

Honestly, that applies for everyone. I have 6000+ hours on TF2, but apparently I have 0 hours of TF2 play time lol

I have played Casual and MvM, so I think that's just a bug on rep.tf

Sure, but I said I also checked his Steam profile, and TF2 is not listed:

image.thumb.png.6e2ed5e8c3290751da07f894fd8b022e.png

Versus, if I check your Steam profile, TF2 is listed:

image.thumb.png.566456ea6d4acf9b153a5c7fbf8d10d4.png

30 minutes ago, Baloo said:

Sure, but I said I also checked his Steam profile, and TF2 is not listed:

image.thumb.png.6e2ed5e8c3290751da07f894fd8b022e.png

Versus, if I check your Steam profile, TF2 is listed:

image.thumb.png.566456ea6d4acf9b153a5c7fbf8d10d4.png

No no you right I just checked his too. Hmm that's weird, but I mean he has a picture of like 2000+ hours yk? So I guess he did play, but idk that's just my take.

This post was made 15 hours ago, and Baloo checked his profile lets say about the time he replied, which was 12ish hours after the thread was made? There is a high chance he deleted the game since he quit.

19 minutes ago, VC FP RussellSproutz_YT HF said:

No no you right I just checked his too. Hmm that's weird, but I mean he has a picture of like 2000+ hours yk? So I guess he did play, but idk that's just my take.

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, VC FP RussellSproutz_YT HF said:

The thing is it's a free-to-play game and if someone hides their games it's not visible. Example here (I've played MANY times with my friend here (picture related))

sdfhjsd.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ya'll are right and the more you know. All I'm saying is that the state of play is pretty rough, and not to mention we haven't been able to do in-game trading for a couple of months now like since last year. Valve do be neglecting it rn like it's the middle child or smth. Mind you, I love the game, been here since 2012. Still seeing it now as it is. It's just sad. I'll still be here though. I got hope that 64 bit will bring some change.

Edit: For the better and not for the worst

5 hours ago, Macioeus said:

The thing is it's a free-to-play game and if someone hides their games it's not visible. Example here (I've played MANY times with my friend here (picture related))

sdfhjsd.png

Much appreciated, learn something new everyday. Thank you!

when will people treat games as games?
it's not a job or a place you moved to, calling it quits and I miss the game or whatever, you can't really quit a game, you play whenever you like, sure it's not like it's used to be, sure scammers burn the passion when they steal something, you could lose passion to it, you can even discuss that it's okay, but it always felt weird to me since 2013 to see posts of people say "I quit" and sob through memories and frustration only for them to end up playing couple months later.

16 hours ago, TCLG6x6 said:

TF2 is really fun when there's no bitch whining in your ears saying that it's dead

• Like 1

15 hours ago, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:

me too, actually its good that we dont have gameplay changing updates because it allows us to not lose the sense of familiarity we have with what we use i will even go out in a limb to say the game is stuck in a mostly balanced state (this is in a perfect world where the scorch sht is unpopular)

those crying about the game being inactive in terms of development will be grateful when they see the different timeline, TF2 had no future except being a modernized crap like nowadays games, that's what I felt like and was sure of that after meet your match

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Habibi said:

those crying about the game being inactive in terms of development will be grateful when they see the different timeline, TF2 had no future except being a modernized crap like nowadays games, that's what I felt like and was sure of that after meet your match

yeah, its better for it to not be updated and go down the overwatch (and many others) path