So a burning TC just sold…

Gaia

duped and not the user who bought it in the suggestion, looks like that one was purchased off mannco

9 minutes ago, STEVE said:

duped and not the user who bought it in the suggestion, looks like that one was purchased off mannco

your right my fault boss. Question still remains

• Gaia changed the title to So a burning TC just sold…
14 minutes ago, Goyman Sachs said:

your right my fault boss. Question still remains

well people do both of course

if it were to have gotten relisted I would be surprised if it was marked up by 50% plus 

There are people who trade and don't even play the game, absolutely.

And a Burning Team Captain is exactly the sort of hat that those kinds of people love.

2 hours ago, Goyman Sachs said:

Do people even buy hats to wear anymore or just to speculate?

Of course there are many traders who don‘t play the game or wear their unusuals. Just look at how many god tiers are just immediately put on marketplace or mannco at absurd prices only to sit there for months.

It is not always the case though. Personally I will list the items I intend to keep at a higher markup while I list items I don’t like (anymore) close to or under market prices. Sort of a - I don’t want to sell, but for that price I definitely would - listing.

I listed my themed frozone hat at an insane 500% markup. I paid 500 keys for it and have no idea if anyone other than me is willing to even pay as much as me. I mainly listed it to see if someone is willing to offer significantly more than I paid, because I know that even at a 200 or 300 key profit I would probably regret selling it.

1 hour ago, Onion-Turtle said:

Of course there are many traders who don‘t play the game or wear their unusuals. Just look at how many god tiers are just immediately put on marketplace or mannco at absurd prices only to sit there for months.

It is not always the case though. Personally I will list the items I intend to keep at a higher markup while I list items I don’t like (anymore) close to or under market prices. Sort of a - I don’t want to sell, but for that price I definitely would - listing.

I listed my themed frozone hat at an insane 500% markup. I paid 500 keys for it and have no idea if anyone other than me is willing to even pay as much as me. I mainly listed it to see if someone is willing to offer significantly more than I paid, because I know that even at a 200 or 300 key profit I would probably regret selling it.

same with my hot dogger, not active as much anymore but I’d regret selling a spellbound all class for like $100 profit, not gonna be able to get another one for the price I paid

8 hours ago, Goyman Sachs said:

I play something like a couple of hours per year now... Mostly at Halloween.
But I got hat I like to wear (most of the time), and I list them at 30/40/100/200% profit, as I'm often don't really want to sell them.

And when that happens, I'm sad because I now have to research a new one, make loadout, check that this work fine with my KS/Taunt, etc...

"just sold"? that sale was in December, that's 2.5 months ago. what kind of opinionated Russel-core thread is this

10 hours ago, Goyman Sachs said:

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/65e0d66ed38e15634c02bd8c

And it’s already being relisted on classifieds with a 22% mark up.

Shameless.

image.png

Why not both? I've made mad profit by buying things I like and using them until someone comes along who's willing to pay more.

I think what the dude is trying the say is that 90% of big traders don’t play the game. That 22% markup only really shows how he doesn’t care about actually wearing and playing the game because he just wants to make a quick buck.

40 minutes ago, NobodyNose said:

I think what the dude is trying the say is that 90% of big traders don’t play the game. That 22% markup only really shows how he doesn’t care about actually wearing and playing the game because he just wants to make a quick buck.

it definitely wont be quick

• Like 1

gonna be real the bftc is overrated as hell. any halloweens on a tc should be more than bf. hmoon solos bf

• Like 1

15 hours ago, `Yahiamice said:

"just sold"? that sale was in December, that's 2.5 months ago. what kind of opinionated Russel-core thread is this

Did someone call for me? I mean it's still indate so recently sold would be best stated imo.