Crate/Case Trading 2024 is Viable

RussellSproutz

Yo whats up guys Russell back with another video about how I sharked a kid and posted about it, and then this "Steve" dude tried to turn backpack against me!

5 minutes ago, `Yahiamice said:

9AEQvzp.png

Honestly just pay thet guy at least a decent part of what the cases were actually worth. He didn't know what they were worth and you not checking as the experienced buyer really puts the blame on you. 

If it was a honest mistake there is really no reason to start drama it you act like a decent person afterwards.

He overpayed you in the whole deal (apparently) by almost 62-63 keys. You sharked him clear as day.
Even if the unusuals are low tier and harder to sell, the buy orders combined still higher than the duck journal sell orders.
(8 keys, 37.77 ref + 10 keys, 9.55 ref) vs (16 keys, 30 ref)

Screenshot_532.png

Screenshot_533.png

Screenshot_534.png

Screenshot_535.png

Screenshot_536.png

Screenshot_541.png

56 minutes ago, JayTuut said:

Yo whats up guys Russell back with another video about how I sharked a kid and posted about it, and then this "Steve" dude tried to turn backpack against me!

steven universal when you talk about mlp: (its a reference to scraptf owner u'll get banned)

Love how I genuinely thought someone made an informative post on how trading cases is still viable if you place buy orders and buy them in bulk, and then I saw russel.

• Like 2

Every time you post its some obnoxious rambling that almost seems like it was produced by Chat GPT. Actual NPC posting. I was convinced you never actually wrote replies yourself.

Until today...

This has definitely changed my mind. AI wouldn't be this stupid.

7 hours ago, VC FP RussellSproutz_YT HF said:

Unknowingly, I mentioned it to my friend Prince Tissue give me an estimate on my trade. It is apparently 50ish keys in cases or something, which I didn't believe at first. I currently sold like 4 of the warbird cases for a #92 exothermic from Prince Tissue and sold 4 Pyroland Cases for 16 keys 8 ref on stn. I could even buy a duck journal back, which I was astonished about.

So at no point in this sequence of events did you stop and think perhaps you should do the ethical, decent thing and contact the person you traded with to inform them there was a mistake made, and either offer them a fair price for their crates/cases, or refund the trade?

"Oops I accidentally profited almost 60 keys while helping this guy avoid gambling addiction !11!111!!!!!11 tee-hee"

I can only hope that on top of banning you on the main site, the admins restrict your access to the forums so you can no longer plague us with your spew.

What a joke. Get help brother.

1 hour ago, JayTuut said:

apparently yahi p[osted that because in that report, its not a report on russel but a report on someone who has repeatedly done many sharked trades and russell is defending the sharker

16 minutes ago, Dr. Gilderoy said:

Hey Russel spare some keys for a poor trader? Since you're doing so great! 🥺

you have 2 comments????? i thought u had more

30 minutes ago, jrdn said:

Every time you post its some obnoxious rambling that almost seems like it was produced by Chat GPT. Actual NPC posting. I was convinced you never actually wrote replies yourself.

^^^

Also.. the feigning ignorance here is hilarious. I hope you get a temp site ban as a lesson

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FLAIMBOT_ said:

^^^

Also.. the feigning ignorance here is hilarious. I hope you get a temp site ban as a lesson

“You see, I am very familiar with bans as I was once temp banned on backpack for being banned on marketplace, not a big deal if I get banned”

25 minutes ago, AwesomeSause said:

you have 2 comments????? i thought u had more

Some day I'll get that Spycrab code... 🙃

• Like 1

The following quotes are from his short YT vid he made about the trade:

"I wasn't really hunting for the cases, I was just... trying to do the guy a favor"

"I was selling some things on FirePowered, it seemed like it was a fair deal" (talking about the duck journal trade)

"I also gave 25 ref for the rest of the cases and crates... like 294 cases and crates. 'Apparently' there was some big-ticket items like the uh.. powerhouses, and... gun mettle? 3.95 keys?"

"I don't even unbox. It's been a while since I've unboxed."

A couple thoughts about this.

Idk who engaged the trade, but regardless I believe you checked his backpack on-site, sorted it by value, and noticed the high-value crates. Then because of the amount of crates he had and the low tier trader he seemed to be-- you cooked up the plan to ask for all 294 in bulk. & Because you were right, and the guy didn't know what he was doing, he went along with it and sold them all for cheap. Because, well theyre just crates after all right? 1 scrap a piece? 🤦‍♂️ I'd be very interested to know who was the first one to mention the crates as part of your deal during negotiation. I would bet money it was you though.. because what noob holds crates for the entire lifetime of their account then suddenly asks a random trader if he'll buy the lot for 25 ref? & if I'm right and you brought it up.. that makes it pretty obvious how much you knew.

Your logic of "I don't even unbox" can be disproven simply by going through your forum history. Wasn't it like a week or two ago that you had a buy order and opened up an old Salvaged Crate? You know that there are rare crates. No one knows about and is willing to unbox 25 key Salvageds but is completely unaware of Gun Mettles and other similar cases.

Then after you found out what a crazy profit you just made.. you chose from the following options
a. Pay the guy back the crates ❌
b. Explain your "mistake" and offer keys in compensation to the guy ❌
c. Keep it quiet since you basically just sharked a guy ❌

d. Make a video and forum post about it, thinking for some reason the community would find this insightful and cool ✔

I don't know what your plan is past this point. Delete this thread, delete evidence, sell off the crates and continue to feign ignorance in your Open User Report.. or take accountability, admit what you did was wrong, make the dude whole, and accept that you might deserve a consequence on site.

I hate that im writing a huge essay reply right now.. I'm not one of the community members that is super holy and believes we all should be. I don't even mind when some noobs get sharked. But I think you were incredibly privvy to the trade you made, and trying to play it off as a quirky soft-brag where you had no idea you just made such a good trade... irks tf out of me. I hope you get some form of punishment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Woah I just woke up to this guys. I buy cases and crates. I told him to send me the offer when we were playing. I really have no idea. Also thank you backpack mods for removing my - reps instantly - https://youtu.be/JTkQPYfoOH8

16 minutes ago, Dr. Gilderoy said:

Some day I'll get that Spycrab code... 🙃

I think you were one of the first people I met when I played TF2 casual for the first time