Beware of fake roulette website

WeDislike

I was recently added by a random person on steam who messaged me about promoting their new tf2 roulette website, the guy basically gets you to put the link in your steam bio then says he can pay you in items through his website. He then tries to prove he's an admin by "rigging" a win. I'd assume he'd want you to add items to join the game so he can "rig" it for you and just pocket all of your items. The website was registered on Feb 22. If an offer sounds to good to be true it's almost always a scam. The chat section on the site is the most basic fake chat ever where your messages don't even send.

image_2024-02-23_224036419.png

image_2024-02-23_224053899.png

• Haha 3

not meaning to be rude at all but this has been known for a really long time

there have always been fake tf2 gambling sites as well as fake tf2 trading sites and its something thats not gonna end

LET THIS BE KNOWN

ANY ONE CLAMING TO OWN A TF2 COMP TEAM AND OR GAMBLING/TRADING SITE THAT IS WANTING YOU TO PROMOT IT IS FAKE 

NEVER CLICK ANY LINKS SENT TO YOU AND NEVER LOG INTO THESE SITES

HERE IS WHAT TO DO IF YOU LOGED INTO ONE OF THESE SITES

THIS IS A GUIDE ON HOW TO RECOVER YOUR ACCOUNT

https://marketplace.tf/blog/posts/YHLZOB

you can also go to the official backpack.tf discord server and ask for help to find out if someone is trying to scam you

• Thanks 2

Didn't know about it in TF2, but yeah pretty well known scam in CSGO for a few years now. People have tried to sue but concluded that virtual items have no real world value to consider it as stealing. Absolute bs.

i got an interesting one that was mimicking a Particle Madness page, before redirecting you to the classic fake popup to get your login info. just another boring phishing attack, ugh...

On 2/26/2024 at 1:05 AM, chesapeake said:

i got an interesting one that was mimicking a Particle Madness page, before redirecting you to the classic fake popup to get your login info. just another boring phishing attack, ugh...

the fun thing is that when you go on the log in page on some of these sites, they clearly put "note: this site is affiliated with Valve" whereas literally all genuine trading websites mention that it isn't lol