Why are some Professional Killstreak items cheaper than 'non-KS' items?

Snizzle

I recently acquired a Batsaber, and I noticed that the Professional Killstreak Batsabers cost LESS than the 'Non-Killsreak' Batsabers. Now i've been playing this game for awhile now and this is one of those things that strike me as odd.

You would think that adding any KS kit item to anything would increase the value of the item. Weather it be by 1 scrap or 1 key.

Can someone explain the reasoning behind this?

TY!

This is usually seen on expensive weapons with cheap kits. Just like your batsaber, on such weapons the kit really doesn’t make a difference. Sometimes pro ks might be a little more if it’s some really good combo but otherwise not really. Also there are mostly bots selling the cheapest ones and their sell to buy order ratio is sometimes a huge mess, so yeah, hope that explains it 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Snizzle said:

I recently acquired a Batsaber, and I noticed that the Professional Killstreak Batsabers cost LESS than the 'Non-Killsreak' Batsabers. Now i've been playing this game for awhile now and this is one of those things that strike me as odd.

You would think that adding any KS kit item to anything would increase the value of the item. Weather it be by 1 scrap or 1 key.

Can someone explain the reasoning behind this?

TY!

9/10 people that play the game can’t afford said weapon, and the majority of ones that do exist have had pro ks applied over time, no point in the kit or fabricator being expensive when the weapon itself is 80~ keys, same thing with the big kill to a smaller degree, only exception is the black rose because of it’s exclusivity, you have the glitched crafted ones, which go for alot(around 300 keys last i checked) and the OG achievement ones which you can’t get anymore, which makes the kits practically worthless, 0 demand and very limited supply.

tl;dr market gets oversaturated with too much supply and no demand because of the disparity of prices

Could just have the statistics perhaps add the kit's value to the item itself in the backpack evaluation process, questionmark?

4 minutes ago, Snowfall Cori said:

Could just have the statistics perhaps add the kit's value to the item itself in the backpack evaluation process, questionmark?

Pro kits lose a lot of value when applied. Also they don't add the same amount on every item (war paints, australiums, etc.)/not every kit costs the same amount. Horns/Team Shine for example can cost you over 2x of what Hypno/Mean Green costs. Including them in the displayed price would maybe make it a bit more accurate but also possibly very misleading on some items.

1 thing I always say, its never a good idea to apply a pro ks to weapon you plan to sell and not use, if you got the pro ks for said weapon for dirt cheap and its a good combo then it could be worth it but 8 times out of 10 your making just a couple ref to 1 key profit and depending on the price of the weapon its probably not worth it, only apply pro ks kits to weapons you plan to use for a good while so when or if you sell it you got your moneys worth of fun out of it, 

• Like 2

more expensive the weapon, the cheaper the kits. obv some exceptions to the rule but for reskins like batsaber a ks kit is useless to 99% of players because even the basic unique is priced at 41 keys and prob outdated

so when a dude with a 20 dollar inv gets a batsaber pro ks kit what tf can he do with it but sell? delete it? when 99/100 players do the same it creates way more supply than demand. nobody wants batsaber kits. If Richie rich needs one they’ll pick their preference from the sea of kits and fabs for sale.

• Like 3

Logically, the proks batsaber should be worth at minimum the same amount as a non-modified since you can just wipe the KS off.  This is just like how people will sell items for less than quickbuying bots are paying.  People act on imperfect information and don't always act logically anyways, just how it is.

• Like 2

Supply and demand. Even if Pro kits are considered rare / expensive there is pretty much no market for batsaber kits since such a small amount of players even own them. More kits exist than batsabers