One of the "big" bots out there got trade banned 👀

EJota

I don't know if yall know the "Dolphin" group of bots, in my opinion they are one of the best programmed out there, buying practically every type of item in existence, and just now, when I went to do a trade, I saw that one of the bots received a trade ban. What do you guys think of all this?

image.thumb.png.e56300afb289230ceaaefd5fa63358fb.png

was able to send a few trades to some bots today (3 and 4) but they were offline so I just assumed they were down for some maintenance

wounder what happend

Gladiator.TF has been hit by these exact same bans lately, all bots have been unbanned thus far.

Most likely this is due to one of the new anti-scam measures Steam has implemented, I'd be very suprised if he didn't get unbanned.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cave said:

Gladiator.TF has been hit by these exact same bans lately, all bots have been unbanned thus far.

Most likely this is due to one of the new anti-scam measures Steam has implemented, I'd be very suprised if he didn't get unbanned.

Yeah I'm curious about this Cave.

5 hours ago, Stalex said:

May you share more info regarding this subj please?

1 hour ago, VC FP RussellSproutz_YT HF said:

Yeah I'm curious about this Cave.

Accounts are being locked for "suspicious" activity out of the blue.

Steam is pre-emptively banning accounts when behaviour looks suspicious and lines up with suspicious activity.

We have asked Valve about this in communications, but they were unwilling to share anything concrete.

These bans are fairly easy to lift, all you really need to do is contact Support and they'll verify your ownership over the account in question.

Do be aware, it's possible Dolphin was banned for another reason, but this should give anyone interested a good idea of what is going on.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cave said:

Accounts are being locked for "suspicious" activity out of the blue.

Steam is pre-emptively banning accounts when behaviour looks suspicious and lines up with suspicious activity.

We have asked Valve about this in communications, but they were unwilling to share anything concrete.

These bans are fairly easy to lift, all you really need to do is contact Support and they'll verify your ownership over the account in question.

Do be aware, it's possible Dolphin was banned for another reason, but this should give anyone interested a good idea of what is going on.

That's true. Thanks for sharing, Cave. 

steam mistakenly trade banned that account.The owner contacted steam support and will work it out soon

Cave has the right idea, steam "support" decided that the account was hijacked and applied the ban. This is not all that uncommon and they usually lift the ban quickly. I've already filed the appeal.

ETA -> couple days

In the meantime the other bots are back online

• Like 3

ive had this happened to me, i received a community ban a while ago, at the time i was pa(nick)ing as if i did get banned i would have lost a years worth of work, however i opened a support thread and the issue got resolved in about a day. Honestly i would have thought i was a scammer because i kept adding people and commenting "added for trade" way too much and whenever someone accepted, i would have forgotten what i wanted to trade. so im sure the bot will be back soon.