[Price Check] Hat of Cards #98

Python.

I don't play TF2 anymore and I'm going through my inv for anything worth selling, with only 2-3 notable items. One of which is a Hat of Cards #98 that I've had for 11 years now and want to sell. It has some sentimental value to me as I was born in 1998 and I feel a lot of other current players were born that year as well. There are about 67k of the same hat so one of the first 100 is a 0.15% find. I feel with the right collector in mind I could get a decent bit off this. Thoughts?

While we're at it, I'll throw in a price check on a Genuine El Jefe w/ gift tag from Strife, if anyone knows who that is. Basically, a popular trader back in the day, and occasional streamer now. Again, more of a sentimental item, but for the right price I'd part with it.

lmk what you think, especially for the HoC. thanks.
If you're interested in these items or want to look at my inventory (nothing worth noting except an Ap-Sap, #83 crates and metal): https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=117976085&token=CSy69yMZ

I paid 4 keys for my #84 

image.png.504aec7490e4b463b724093b541adbb7.png

As for the El Jefe, the problem any signed item is you can usually just pay for an item to get signed, Strife has signed alot of Items over the years, not sure what it could be worth.

• Like 2

Prob worth more as sentimental value 

i paid 15 keys for a #42 triad trinket, which is a misc, for 5 classes, and it’s a solid craft number too (1, 7, 42, 69, 99, 100 etc). And that was prob too much to most people lol

I doubt you’ll be able to get more than 5 keys from regular people and 10 keys from a specific collector of that number (if they even exist), lots of low crafts tend to sit for awhile

the strife el jefe is interesting but still I doubt you’d get much from it, maybe the tag adds 5 keys to the right guy? maybe nothing if he signed items for payment, b4nny sigs are basically worthless monopoly bucks

i get you don’t play anymore but this is legit like $20-30 max, just keep it and forget about it

22 minutes ago, OGSemper said:

I paid 4 keys for my #84 

Probably won't sell for less than 6-7 with this in mind. Surely there are some 25-26 year-old players willing to fork up a lil extra for their birth year. I'd rather keep it than sell for $6. Thanks for the info!

20 minutes ago, Bananas said:

just keep it and forget about it

do genuine items typically increase as time goes on? I'd imagine there would be a limited number, but a few have popped up in the last few years?
definitely won't be letting it go for less than 10 keys tho

https://backpack.tf/classifieds?numeric=craft_number&comparison=range&low=90&high=100

I filtered all classifieds for crafts between 90 and 100 and there are quite a few available for 3-5 keys. Remember that these are asking prices and not sale prices. Some of these are unsold for several months.

The hat of cards is a cool old school hat, that might fetch more than some other #98 hats. So it might be possible to get the 6-7 keys, but you will probably need patience and / or luck to get it. Right now you are selling the only low craft HoC on Bp.tf so that might play in your favor as well.

Genuine el jefe: probably worth pretty much regular value. IIRC Strife has signed a lot of items and I personally never came across someone who overpaid for a signature. I might be wrong on this though, maybe you will find someone who likes it enough to overpay.

BTW. your item shows up with a two person history (other owner 1 year ago). So unless you lent it out or lied about the 11 years it might be duped as well (I did not bother to check if it actually is). With low crafts this can either lower the value or increase it depending on the collector and on whether the other is for sale (owning two identical low crafts is epic <-> owning a low craft that is only 1:2 is a little sad)

Good luck!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Onion-Turtle said:

BTW. your item shows up with a two person history (other owner 1 year ago). So unless you lent it out or lied about the 11 years it might be duped as well (I did not bother to check if it actually is). With low crafts this can either lower the value or increase it depending on the collector and on whether the other is for sale (owning two identical low crafts is epic <-> owning a low craft that is only 1:2 is a little sad)

Duped: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TakashixShiina/inventory/#440_2_2555920018

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Python. said:

do genuine items typically increase as time goes on? I'd imagine there would be a limited number, but a few have popped up in the last few years?
definitely won't be letting it go for less than 10 keys tho

You can check the price trends on similar items to see that this has been true for many genuine items in the past. However nobody can look in the future - the largest factor will probably be the general future of tf2 and that future is very unclear at this point.

1 hour ago, DaVinchi said:

signed items doesnt add anything. theyre incredibly easy to fake.

How can they possibly be easy fake? One simple check on backpack.tf will lead you to the profile of the actual gifter.

It would probably be super easy to scam people by having another item with a fake signature because it is hard to tell on steam or in game. But since people don‘t really overpay for signed items I doubt this would even be worth it for scammers… 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Onion-Turtle said:

How can they possibly be easy fake? One simple check on backpack.tf will lead you to the profile of the actual gifter.

It would probably be super easy to scam people by having another item with a fake signature because it is hard to tell on steam or in game. But since people don‘t really overpay for signed items I doubt this would even be worth it for scammers… 

I remember paying a fair bit of OP for a 2014 b4nny scattergun to match my 2014 b4nny pistol I had sniped off a bot for cheap and I made sure to check it was the real b4nny since the guy wanted 10$ for a strange scattergun with a old signature

I then sold the set to a collector for 15$, I'm "that guy that overpays for old signed items" from 2010-2014

3-10 keys depending if someone is collecting that number or hat. craft # isnt anything special, only 1-10, 69, and 100 can sell for more

10 hours ago, Apo said:

Is mine duped or is theirs? It hasn't left my inventory for over a decade and I don't think there were 2 when I acquired it.

edit: I've had it since 2013 https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198078241813#!/compare/1360483200/1388476800

other acc got it in 2014 https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198042018516#!/compare/1395385200/1399964400

so mine should be the real one 

3 keys probably for a #98. Maybe 4. Unless of course u find someone as sentimental about the number as you.

you can get premium then check collector's db from next.bp to see if there are any specific #98 collectors or craft # hat of cards collectors

9 hours ago, Python. said:

Is mine duped or is theirs? It hasn't left my inventory for over a decade and I don't think there were 2 when I acquired it.

edit: I've had it since 2013 https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198078241813#!/compare/1360483200/1388476800

other acc got it in 2014 https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198042018516#!/compare/1395385200/1399964400

so mine should be the real one 

both of them are considered "duped" since there's multiple copies of an item that originate from the same item ID: 1093015669

I don't think people really care about which item is the original when it comes to dupes. Also, tbh I don't think people really care about dupes anymore, but if they do it's most likely because they're trying to get a deal.

2 hours ago, Apo said:

both of them are considered "duped" since there's multiple copies of an item that originate from the same item ID: 1093015669

I don't think people really care about which item is the original when it comes to dupes. Also, tbh I don't think people really care about dupes anymore, but if they do it's most likely because they're trying to get a deal.

i think if dupes mattered anywhere its on craft numbers, since now theres 2 different #98 hat of cards floating around

not so unique if theres more than 1 copy yaknow

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Python. said:

Acc with dupe seems to be inactive if it matters

They probably can be reached, they have 2023 summer crates.

I agree with jay 3 keys for a #98

20 hours ago, Onion-Turtle said:

just make a new account and name it after a prominent tftuber. then send an item you wanna tag to that account and use a giftapult since theyre 3 cents. bam. its got a tag of a ''real tftuber''.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, DaVinchi said:

just make a new account and name it after a prominent tftuber. then send an item you wanna tag to that account and use a giftapult since theyre 3 cents. bam. its got a tag of a ''real tftuber''.

This was addressed in the comment you're replying to: " One simple check on backpack.tf will lead you to the profile of the actual gifter. "

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/8/2024 at 10:06 AM, Forgivable said:

it amazed me that some people still care about "signed" items lol

Sold for 9 keys 🤙

46e5b02fbb03fdfb4443da8e89081910.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1