1 of 1 Hong Kong Cone Locked Away for Eight Years has Moved

SpotlightR

The Time Warp Hong Kong Cone was first unboxed over 8 years ago and has remained with the same person ever since. I remember making multiple attempts to buy the hat back in 2017/2018 with no luck. 

image.png.b1ab89d70a1cca4ca772bcd4efa0e206.png

Well, I finally have this hat now. I just wanted to get y'alls thoughts on what this hat could potentially go for. I have got a few offers on the Cone already, but I figured getting additional perspective couldn't hurt. I could list some of the offers here if desired.

I know that Sprekt recently sold the Roboactive Hong Kong Cone for 2500-2800 in items. How does Time Warp/GBH stack up against Roboactive/Anti-Freeze in today's market? Obviously I know it will depend on the hat, but I also just want to hear y'alls thoughts.

Thanks in advance for the insight/comments, I appreciate it a lot.

Honestly TW/GBH is way better than Roboactive/AF. I wouldn't be surprised if you can get a pan for that beauty.

1 minute ago, WinterWhiz - n0ne said:

Is this the worlds best shark? https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198025934308#!/compare/1706659200/1706918400

Compare shows 1 to 1 Chiroptera Venenata Physician's Protector for Time Warp Hong Kong Cone (probably just traded away others quickly, but if not, very funny)

yeah I was about to say I hope some cash was involved knowing roboactive went for like 2800

i really hope you didn’t pay like 500 for something you’re gonna ask 3k+ on

3 minutes ago, WinterWhiz - n0ne said:

Is this the worlds best shark? https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198025934308#!/compare/1706659200/1706918400

Compare shows 1 to 1 Chiroptera Venenata Physician's Protector for Time Warp Hong Kong Cone (probably just traded away others quickly, but if not, very funny)

edit: oh no, it think its true...

The unboxer owned it for 8 years and he sent me the trade offer. 

3 hours ago, STEVE said:

Same guy who did

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198025934308#!/compare/1703030400/1703116800

So just a collector whale doing collector whale shit.

Yes, seems the case and he finally got bored of his items. I know for a fact I offered him a lot more 6+ years ago. Not sure what else I can say about the trade.

I tried to add him to see if it was an accident or to discuss why he is finally selling, but he declined my requests several times. Seems like he does not care to speak with me at all.

And @Bananas, what would you prefer I do?

8 minutes ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

Going after it for 6 years and you want to immediately sell it once you get it smh

Not for 6 years, I just remember trying to get it a couple of times over 6 years back. I did not even go after it this time - the unboxer sent me a trade offer out-of-the-blue. It's not like this hat was some lifelong goal of mine.

I am open to keeping it or selling it depending on what offers come my way. If the right hat(s)/value is not there, then I am willing to hold onto it until something better comes along. I am just excited that this hat gets to see the light of day for the first time since it was unboxed in 2016.

tl:dr, in no rush to sell.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

Going after it for 6 years and you want to immediately sell it once you get it smh

Was about to say the same thing. 

People are shameless. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Goyman Sachs said:

People are shameless. 

Read above.

Sidenote - Your CV Milkman was one of my favorite hats I ever owned. I used to collect Milkmans and I'm still pissed I let them go. Enjoy that hat for me, I know I should've!

• Love 2

Reverse shark:/

hopefully a whale picks up my items too, bf sweet ninja hood and cauldronbubble slo poke

xD but this reminds me of selling collector items in mmos, always some guy willing to pay an good amount for good lookin stuff, but difference is that this is like 6x profit 500keys -> 3000keys ish

whilst i was trading stuff and doin 3x 30 -> 90 usd... i should've asked for more lol.

3 minutes ago, WinterWhiz - n0ne said:

Reverse shark:/

hopefully a whale picks up my items too, bf sweet ninja hood and cauldronbubble slo poke

xD but this reminds me of selling collector items in mmos, always some guy willing to pay an good amount for good lookin stuff, but difference is that this is like 6x profit 500keys -> 3000keys ish

whilst i was trading stuff and doin 3x 30 -> 90 usd... i should've asked for more lol.

Haha, yeah it was definitely a right-place right-time moment. I just had what he wanted. Not even the craziest deal I remember doing with a collector, though. Trading was a lot more fun back in 2016-2018!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SpotlightR said:

And @Bananas, what would you prefer I do? List it for less than numerous offers that I've already received?

you don’t need to be so defensive, it’s different if he sent the trade offer. If you had sharked him like I originally thought you did, I would have preferred you having some decency in a lawless market.

Since he sent the trade for something he wanted from you, it’s just getting very lucky. The whale knows what he had, I’m not going to come to his aid. 

Good luck selling! A hat that nice, I’d keep it for awhile but you do you

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Goyman Sachs said:

People are shameless. 

Why do you even care?
Would you prefer if he kept it for a few months and pretended to give a shit about it before selling?

Honestly they both consented to the trade. As long as both are fine with it, then honestly it's fair play. Ggs on the purchase, SpotlightR! 

• Like 1

wow thats an amazing hat back in the market! definitely weird circumstances but oh well. thats a hat to sit on though for sure.

• Like 2

give this guy a break someone sent him an offer and he accepted, if he wants to sell it he do what he wants
as steve pointed out its a whale who doesnt care and just wanted a new hat or smthn

Breaking news: people on a trading forum do think extremely unbalanced trades are fair game. The only thing you need to make sure is that the other party sends the trade offer. 

I do not buy this story.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MvM grinder had it: whatever you think about the Time Warp, that's the probably the explanation you search for.

Shower thought: I notice when an item like this (high tier 1/1 collectible type scenario) comes back onto the market, a lot of trader mains seem really happy that it's back on the market. I feel more the opposite way - I like when these sorts of items have one owner for huge periods of time - that way they're someone's special item, the item has a home. It feels right that the collectible is in the hands of a collector who appreciates it. I get if it's in an account that's dead or doesn't even play the game (eg ohnepixel (he's a cs guy, doesn't play tf2)'s golden pan feels like a waste of a pan) but for the most part I think it's better that way than being passed around by a bunch of people with lots of in game wealth to just have for a couple of weeks or so before they sell it off to the next person with the same plan.

Opinions? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alecto said:

Shower thought: I notice when an item like this (high tier 1/1 collectible type scenario) comes back onto the market, a lot of trader mains seem really happy that it's back on the market. I feel more the opposite way - I like when these sorts of items have one owner for huge periods of time - that way they're someone's special item, the item has a home. It feels right that the collectible is in the hands of a collector who appreciates it. I get if it's in an account that's dead or doesn't even play the game (eg ohnepixel (he's a cs guy, doesn't play tf2)'s golden pan feels like a waste of a pan) but for the most part I think it's better that way than being passed around by a bunch of people with lots of in game wealth to just have for a couple of weeks or so before they sell it off to the next person with the same plan.

Opinions? 

I get that. I'm a person who collect unusual bonk boys and I just got collect my 9th and 10th Bonks yesterday on FirePowered. It was an Aces and GFetti for 340 keys about 170 each. For me I like to collect. It's not as special as the 1 of 1 Time Warp, but hey it's in a good home for sure