Just had my first "Trial by fire" moment

Boney

VERY New to trading, im talking sub 1 week of experience so far and i think i've already had my trial by fury of the life. was on Trade.TF looking to buy and resell stuff and i saw Paints on sale for 2 keys, looked at backpack and saw they were being bought for a bit over 2.2 keys so I obviously overexcitedly bought 3 paints, lo and behold, they were all non-craftable, whereas the paints that were going for 2.2 were all crafted, the non craftables going for a little under 1.4 keys.

Not exactly a nice first failure but i think if I had to look on the Brightside this is gonna make my HYPER vigilant for checking item descriptions.

Have any of you guys gone through a similar thing early in trading?

• Like 2

Just hold them for a few months if you can spare the keys. They usually go up as the year progresses since the big sale that makes the uncraftable ones that cheap is the smissmas -50% sale.

• Astonished 1

Sorry to hear homie that's rough.

So I buy miscs, like an aces Luchadore for 110 keys, and an Aces Soldered Sensei that I paid 100 keys for back in 2022. I ended up holding these for a year and a half under the impression they would rise. They ended up plateaued and I was left with the bag. I did end up dumping the Luchadore for 94 keys on stn, but I had a aces soldered sensei which I paid 100 pure and sold it for 108 pure and a Purple Confetti Exquisite Rack for 231 pure, which I got in a bulk deal for my Aces Antlers as well on the same site. My net profit per se was roughly 46 pure. 

At the end of the day we have those trials of losses and gains, but have faith that it will work out and learn from the past. All you can do is keep moving forward and keep on giving your best.

5 hours ago, RussellSproutz_YT said:

So I buy miscs, like an aces Luchadore for 110 keys, and an Aces Soldered Sensei that I paid 100 keys for back in 2022. I ended up holding these for a year and a half under the impression they would rise. They ended up plateaued and I was left with the bag. I did end up dumping the Luchadore for 94 keys on stn, but I had a aces soldered sensei which I paid 100 pure and sold it for 108 pure and a Purple Confetti Exquisite Rack for 231 pure, which I got in a bulk deal for my Aces Antlers as well on the same site. My net profit per se was roughly 46 pure. 

At the end of the day we have those trials of losses and gains, but have faith that it will work out and learn from the past. All you can do is keep moving forward and keep on giving your best.

So in short you still made a profit and considered that a 'trial' because the market didn't do what you hoped it would?

OP - I wouldn't really call it a 'trial by fire', more a learning moment

5 hours ago, RussellSproutz_YT said:

Stop selling stuff to stn, I will pay more than them. 

1 hour ago, Rainy said:

Stop selling stuff to stn, I will pay more than them. 

Fr lol

1 hour ago, Alecto said:

So in short you still made a profit and considered that a 'trial' because the market didn't do what you hoped it would?

OP - I wouldn't really call it a 'trial by fire', more a learning moment

I mean in a way. I could have definitely sold it more to quick buyers a tad bit more than what stn gave me tbh. Ngl the p.fetti rack offer for 231 keys was pretty nice though, but I'm sure I could've leveraged it to some of my mates who'd quick buy it.