A user has scammed me and is currently trying to sell the item he took off me on backpack.tf on an alt account.

Flaby

I got scammed by a person 2 days ago, he offered me a CS2 skin for my Warhawk flamethrower factory new, the guy said he had bots which instantly accept the trade offer once i send him my skin, apparently it was to bypass some trade hold thing. I sent my skin to him but he never sent anything back, instead he removed me. The scammer sent my item to his alt account where he then tried to sell it on Backpack.tf, i reported the scammers main and alt account and got his main account banned. not only that but the scammer has reports on him on steamrep. he also sent me screen shots which i will send here. If you need further details contact me. {removed} (this is the scammers alt by the way)

Screen Shot 2024-01-27 at 4.39.10 pm.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-27 at 4.39.13 pm.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-27 at 4.39.37 pm.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-27 at 4.39.23 pm.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-27 at 4.39.29 pm.png

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

• Flaby changed the title to A user has scammed me and is currently trying to sell the item he took off me on backpack.tf on an alt account.

Don't think there's much anyone can do but try to get the guy banned off backpack, and I doubt anyone would try to get it back for ya. Just be more weary of scams and don't fall for this kinda stuff again.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Flaby said:

im getting into contact with someone who knows a bloke a steam support, the guy im talking to got his items back after being scammed. So maybe i have a chance

THAT IS TO 99.99% ANOTHER SCAMMER. DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY ACCOUNT INFO OR ITEMS. STEAM SUPPORT DOES NOT REFUND SCAMMED ITEMS ANYMORE, LAST THEY DID THAT WAS YEARS AGO.

Your items are gone, sucks to hear but that's how it is. 

there is nothing that can be done. you got scammed. leard from it and dont let it happen again.