How would you start making profit in TF2 starting with 1 key.

UncleZeroDamage

Hey there! I started low tier trading about a year ago. I have a few tips and tricks.

Have a calculator and tabs to multiple trade sites open. backpack.tf, scrap.tf, stntrading.eu, loot.farm, and tf2mart.net are websites I highly recommend.

Since you’re starting out with just a key, slap that bad boy into the offering spot and see what items the website provides. Price check those items with backpack.tf. Sometimes, you can buy multiple items that give you a bit more metal than what backpack.tf sellers are offering their keys for. Calculate to make sure, then buy the items, sell them for metal, and buy a key from someone on backpack.tf (other websites charge more for their keys). You should get a few bits of metal for profit. Remember to check exactly what you’re buying before you click confirm. Some items are of the ‘uncraftable’ variety, and are priced differently but have the same image.

You can also sell your key for metal if buy orders are charging more than the sell orders. Juggle that for a bit as long as it’s viable.

Also browse scrap.tf’s hat menagerie. They have a timer system, where some items drop in value over a set amount of time. Sometimes, they drop below the buy orders on backpack.tf or other websites. If you’re looking at a scrap.tf item on a timer, where it’s current sell offer is very close to its buy offer on another site, it’s safe to assume that the price will drop below. Sniping those can give a profit range between .33 to a few refine.

And, of course, always keep your eyes open for offers. Look up random items on backpack.tf. Sometimes I run into some awesome stonks from players looking to get rid of their items, or buying something for a lot more than the normal price.

And, last but certainly not least, have fun! The low tier item area is VERY time consuming. If you’re just trying to make profit, this isn’t the way to do it.

I hope this helps!

On 1/15/2024 at 8:37 PM, Alecto said:

I think the big thing here is more that if you've already found success in trading and you have valid strategies, you've already broken the barrier of entry that makes trading so not worthwhile for newcomers.
Not exactly 'I have to do this because it's all I know', though if that's actually your view that's concerning - surely cashing out and putting that money towards a new hobby is a pathway out if need be

You can look at my graph, cashing out is all the trades I do now, I get like 10 actual trades per year since 2022, as opposed to 500+ per year before that.

On 1/15/2024 at 8:41 AM, Simple said:

sell key, make mannco.store buy orders on craft hats, sell craft hats, get key + ref, repeat.

Here I found the mannco.store hacker

2 minutes ago, Littlepudintater said:

game is game, and i only get one shot.

MOM'S SPAGHETTI HE'S NERVOUS