New Rule For Repeated Premium Abuse

SirDapper

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, SirDapper said:

Exactly this. I believe that our back-and-forth dialogue helped me understand the clarity behind the pre-existing rules. A separate guide with clearer outlines and a step-by-step could be a great step in the right direction. Everything you listed there would be a great resource to link victims to collect information. 

Alright, I'll discuss with the mods and we'll aim to start working on something in the near future. If you can think of any further specifics that it would be helpful for a guide to cover, put them here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2024 at 8:49 AM, Onion-Turtle said:

Taking advantage of inexperienced traders is obviously super scummy, but let me talk about what this was like just 5 years ago: 

In 2018 I tried building a collection of unusual jungle wreaths. These were unboxed very rarely, so I regularly checked if any new ones were unboxed so I could make a fair offer.
Every-single-time an unboxer accepted my friend request the same 5-ish other names appeared on top of their friend list as well. Some of these guys are still among the top 20 inventories on here and they used to make ridiculously bad offers. I used to have a buy order for 600 keys on the burning flames wreath and someone paid 500 USD PayPal to a younger than 10 year old boy who had finally unboxed one… I have to assume these assholes sharked thousands of people over the years. Back then nobody bothered as long as they paid like 10 or 20 % of the items value.

If these sharks actually started to consistently pay slightly more than buy orders I’d honestly be positively surprised with the development.
As you said, with new effects there is sadly still more leeway for scumbags to abuse unpriced items without buy orders though.

Behind any great fortune lies a great crime. Most of the players up there are those I'd assume had done their fair share of sharking new players.

Anyone remember that video where someone pretended to be a new trader who just unboxed a scorching hat and got people trying to shark him? Yeah, that's what our economy has done to our people.