Videos

AwesomeSause

Some stupid paranoid questions on videos:

1. How do I make my mic better? People in tf2 have been saying my mic echoes the game and I've tried changing the settings but they always revert and dont change

2. Am I allowed to video people in casual?? I don't ever do it for showing off that I'm beating someone or making someone mad, but even if they're just involved in the match is there anything wrong about posting a TF2 video without blurring out people's names?

3. Is there a way to edit videos quickly? I have a weird schedule and don't play TF2 every single day and I'm busy af, I don't mind editing in my free time but if there's a trick to good editing quickly that'd be cool

4. I have a nerdy English voice and like to do stupid voices in VC, I can go low or high but I don't know how it sounds on videos yet because;

4.1 my obs studio is out of date

4.1.1 my video and gaming drivers are also out of date and Nvidia wont download them for some reason

4.1.2 this doesn't affect anything voice wise though this is a side note

4.2 my headphones are the worst piece of equipment ever

4.3 so is there a way to sound good?

5. How do I make it interesting? I have several ideas that have already been done (E.g. how 2 play maps in depth) but it's good to start somewhere.

I probably have more questions but these are it for now

just upload them raw and see how the reception goes, you can do light touches if the reception is good down the line

for the mic, try muting the game whilst you talk or use the integrated one if it has one

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, AwesomeSause said:

Some stupid paranoid questions on videos:

1. How do I make my mic better? People in tf2 have been saying my mic echoes the game and I've tried changing the settings but they always revert and dont change

2. Am I allowed to video people in casual?? I don't ever do it for showing off that I'm beating someone or making someone mad, but even if they're just involved in the match is there anything wrong about posting a TF2 video without blurring out people's names?

3. Is there a way to edit videos quickly? I have a weird schedule and don't play TF2 every single day and I'm busy af, I don't mind editing in my free time but if there's a trick to good editing quickly that'd be cool

4. I have a nerdy English voice and like to do stupid voices in VC, I can go low or high but I don't know how it sounds on videos yet because;

4.1 my obs studio is out of date

4.1.1 my video and gaming drivers are also out of date and Nvidia wont download them for some reason

4.1.2 this doesn't affect anything voice wise though this is a side note

4.2 my headphones are the worst piece of equipment ever

4.3 so is there a way to sound good?

5. How do I make it interesting? I have several ideas that have already been done (E.g. how 2 play maps in depth) but it's good to start somewhere.

I probably have more questions but these are it for now

1. Sounds like you're playing with speakers meaning the ideal solution for this is to use headphones so there isn't game sound being blasted at the mic for it to pick up. No idea what microphone you have but that may also be the problem. If you look up microphone patterns, you'll see different types of microphone are good at picking up sound from different directions, this is a scenario where a cardioid would be a good choice. You do not need a Shure SM7B to sound good, but a lot of gaming headset mics will not sound good for videos because they're designed to make your voice more understandable in game, not 'full' or nice

2. I think that's completely fine as long as you're not setting someone up to be harrassed (eg saying '[insert name] is a horrible person becuase they use scorch shot', post video, then out of your viewers that 1% decides 'hey he's right only awful people use scorch shot I'm going to find that guy on steam' and then it snowballs into lots of people finding this guy on steam and suddenly he's getting abused by many)

3. idk I don't videos

4. Only way to know is get your software updated, get a recording and hear it for yourself

5. This is the issue with trying to make videos about 15 year old game that hasn't had a full-on update since 2017, at this point it's basically make a video about new cosmetics the day they get added, find some weirdo new glitch/strategy/gameplay gimmick or it's all been done before

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Alecto said:

1. Sounds like you're playing with speakers meaning the ideal solution for this is to use headphones so there isn't game sound being blasted at the mic for it to pick up. No idea what microphone you have but that may also be the problem. If you look up microphone patterns, you'll see different types of microphone are good at picking up sound from different directions, this is a scenario where a cardioid would be a good choice. You do not need a Shure SM7B to sound good, but a lot of gaming headset mics will not sound good for videos because they're designed to make your voice more understandable in game, not 'full' or nice

2. I think that's completely fine as long as you're not setting someone up to be harrassed (eg saying '[insert name] is a horrible person becuase they use scorch shot', post video, then out of your viewers that 1% decides 'hey he's right only awful people use scorch shot I'm going to find that guy on steam' and then it snowballs into lots of people finding this guy on steam and suddenly he's getting abused by many)

3. idk I don't videos

4. Only way to know is get your software updated, get a recording and hear it for yourself

5. This is the issue with trying to make videos about 15 year old game that hasn't had a full-on update since 2017, at this point it's basically make a video about new cosmetics the day they get added, find some weirdo new glitch/strategy/gameplay gimmick or it's all been done before

Aye thanks for this epic info, I want to make gameplay videos and teach people how to play, I did have some people causing trouble whilst I was recording one the other day so i just quit recording and waited till they left