Portal/Bat Unusuals

slickiru

Valve has never said one way or the other if old halloween effects are actually retired. They brought them back once in 2017 after all. If valve brings back old halloween effects they will crash hard. Otherwise they will never be at the prices they once were. Really just depends on whether or not you think valve cares enough about this game to do something 

19 hours ago, Goyman Sachs said:

They will NEVER drop simply for the fact that tf2 traders have fragile egos and will refuse to sell for anything less than what they bought the item for. 

The very second valve randomly FORGETS to press "shit out random case + 5 non finished maps during smissmas / halloween" you are going to see the biggest economic downfall a video game has ever seen, so i wouldnt bank on that 🫠

On a serious note, if you really want to buy something for keeps, hell go for it. I was never a "god like effect on trash hat" fan, so i always setteled for the middle ground, or even the opposite, but if you had the dream of a portal effect, then go get a portal effect.

Is it financially smart to get a super rare and extremely expensive TF2 item which total value comes down to some basement dwellers spending a monthly paycheck on? Of course not. 

Is it possible to make an absolute fortune because TF2 suddenly gets bought by EPIC games and becomes the new Fortnite expansion, therefore getting millions of new players that all want to pay Ultra extra for your super rare, super old hat? Heck who the fuck knows.

You are most likely overpaying yes. But if its your dream, to have a very expensive item in a 15+ year old game, then who are we to judge you. Its not smart, but its also not smart to buy an expensive car, because aside from flexxing rights, noone NEEDS more then 150 horse power in a regular family car that gets you to groceries and back.

On 12/15/2023 at 12:27 PM, Norah said:

when i was a much more active trader in the late 2010s you could pick up a lowest-of-the-low portal all class for like, 180 keys or so? got expensive with nicer stuff but very little crossed the 1000 key threshold.

Can confirm, I was trading in the late 2010s and I bought a double spelled demonflame hetman's for like 35 keys and sold for 40 lol