over 10,000 keys dumped on scm

Shocked

THEY REMOVED THE STEAM MARKET, LETS GOOOOOOO

Listing wipe, or perhaps just steam being wonky as it was plugged off, how exciting!

edit: back to normal now very funny

> be me

> steam market developer

> botters sell 200k keys within 24 hours

> SHIT

> -wipe

> shit rip database

> -undo

> fixed

> fuck

image.thumb.png.f017824ffdec9680b65ab3ff14e9051e.png

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, WinterWhiz - n0ne said:

THEY REMOVED THE STEAM MARKET, LETS GOOOOOOO

Listing wipe, or perhaps just steam being wonky as it was plugged off, how exciting!

image.thumb.png.f017824ffdec9680b65ab3ff14e9051e.png

Crazy, they pulled the plug. Hope the issue resolves soon!

2 minutes ago, dareosthefishcake said:

seems to be fixed

image.thumb.png.cc981ec1425fc39f38a08251daae346e.png

Yeah, steam went down for a minute and stuff started going up again. Our inventories are saved 🤑

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Larry Kaberga said:

What do you guys think will happen once all those keys become tradeable? 

With any luck they’ll buy our overpriced garbage! 

• Like 2

There's definitely going to be Youtube videos about this within the next couple of days from every Steam-related content creator. 

There were over 175,000 keys dumped it seems. That's only within TF2, and only in the Mann Co Supply Crate key. The amount of damage caused by this is near impossible to fully comprehend. 

58 minutes ago, Kolt said:

so what actually happend? 

Argentinia devalued their currency, steam is slow on updating currency exchange rates for the ingame store, argentinians bought 10,000s of keys from the ingame store and dumped them to scm for a quick profit. Same happened with a lot of other ingame store items for TF2 and CS.

I always find it stupid how people who find exploits or tricks in SCM tend to just list it all for sale to get a quick bag and probably leave the biggest clues out when they could sell it naturally over time

1 hour ago, Habibi said:

I always find it stupid how people who find exploits or tricks in SCM tend to just list it all for sale to get a quick bag and probably leave the biggest clues out when they could sell it naturally over time

You think guys on the internet can gatekeep a country publicly devaluing their own currency?

1 hour ago, Habibi said:

You're assuming these people had unlimited money beforehand (and inventory space)

They would have just been buying all the keys they could, sell them to buy orders, use those funds to buy more, sell to buy orders, repeat

If they do it over the span of a week or so suddenly they can't buy more keys for basically nothing because valve goes 'oh hang on someone's economy has pooed itself' and fixes it

On 12/15/2023 at 8:42 AM, Heidecker said:

Argentinia devalued their currency, steam is slow on updating currency exchange rates for the ingame store, argentinians bought 10,000s of keys from the ingame store and dumped them to scm for a quick profit. Same happened with a lot of other ingame store items for TF2 and CS.

Do you have any proof of this? I've seen this answer being paraded around, but as someone living in Argentina, that wasn't something we could do as far as I am aware. The ingame store was updated to dollars when they did the big switch, and our currency being devalued again a few days before this happened wouldn't have had the results people seem to think it would, since the prices were no longer in pesos.