Price Check: Vivid Plasma Close Quarters Cover

AwesomeSause

Seems like the original owner owner sold that hat + 28 keys for a pro ks australium sniper rifle, meaning they valued the hat at ~30 keys. Seems to be the only other sale.

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198138125656#!/compare/1701129600/1701216000

With your purchase, that puts the hat at ~30-40 keys in recent sales depending on how you value the traded items. 60 feels kinda high to me, no idea how well the Close Quarters Cover sells though.

• Like 1

you fool . who would pay $80 to be solid snake in this game when they could go install fortnite

Probably something like 40, in truth. Reason being Vivid is a kinda enigmatic effect where it's too nice to be bottom-of-the-barrel cheap, but it loses its allure real quickly when it's up against effects like Miami, DBD, CH, Blizzardy - list goes on but you know what I mean. It was carried for a while by being a Gen 1, but now that's irrelevant because people have realised that's stupid so nobody cares anymore. Especially doesn't help that yours has to go against a pretty good spectrum of case-exclusive effects on the Cover-Up. I wouldn't think it'd be a fast sell even for a fair price. Honestly I'd rather have the Topper.

Asking prices on most listings for the hat do seem to be very much wishful thinking though, so you can probably use that to your advantage to get it gone.

40-50 in the current market seems realistic. I owned 3 different unusual Close Quarters, amongst which the PE one. They are fairly decent to sell. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heidecker said:

Seems like the original owner owner sold that hat + 28 keys for a pro ks australium sniper rifle, meaning they valued the hat at ~30 keys. Seems to be the only other sale.

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198138125656#!/compare/1701129600/1701216000

With your purchase, that puts the hat at ~30-40 keys in recent sales depending on how you value the traded items. 60 feels kinda high to me, no idea how well the Close Quarters Cover sells though.

yeah gonna lower it, just put it at that for now cause had no clue

1 hour ago, Norah said:

you fool . who would pay $80 to be solid snake in this game when they could go install fortnite

I hate how fucking relevant this is - god damnit.

1 hour ago, Norah said:

Probably something like 40, in truth. Reason being Vivid is a kinda enigmatic effect where it's too nice to be bottom-of-the-barrel cheap, but it loses its allure real quickly when it's up against effects like Miami, DBD, CH, Blizzardy - list goes on but you know what I mean. It was carried for a while by being a Gen 1, but now that's irrelevant because people have realised that's stupid so nobody cares anymore. Especially doesn't help that yours has to go against a pretty good spectrum of case-exclusive effects on the Cover-Up. I wouldn't think it'd be a fast sell even for a fair price. Honestly I'd rather have the Topper.

Asking prices on most listings for the hat do seem to be very much wishful thinking though, so you can probably use that to your advantage to get it gone.

yeah tbh im not bothered whatever it sells at, as long as its over 33k i get a profit so yeah 

i do wanna play fortnite but i suck