[Selling] Poisoned Shadows Antlers

Fire ̷̨●̷̨°

My friend Killerghost has decided to part with their Poisoned Shadows Antlers after many years. They have been made aware that one of these items with double spells sold this year for over $30,000 USD. Killer's is not spelled but they are looking to get an amount in a similar range. They have little to no experience with trading and are only interested in items they can easily sell on the Steam Market so they can very easily gauge their value (Keys, Max's Heads, Australiums ect).

They will not be adding anyone per my advice to limit their chances at being scammed or taken advantage of (you will be blocked). Instead we will be checking this thread for offers and I will be updating this post with the current offers. If you wish to remain private and make a bid feel free to contact me on Steam and I will review your offer and note it here. 

EDIT:

I want to be very clear here because there is some confusion as to what is going on. Killerghost has absolutely no experience with trading, they unboxed this hat around 10 years ago and it sat in their backpack untouched ever since. Over the years we have discussed the price of the item and I have shown them sales and videos made about it but they are extremely skeptical and have a hard time believing it's real. When they contacted me the other day letting me know they wanted to finally sell their item they planned to basically just take the first offer they got that was more than they could get selling it for max cash on the Steam Market. I was able to convince them not to do this and instead allow me to make this post and collect offers on their behalf. They are not making a post themselves or putting it on classifieds because they are extremely paranoid and are even unwilling to log into this site via Steam (and yes I explained to them how they can sign into Steam first and then just click login button but they refused). I've also told them about the different cash websites they can use, but if you take a moment to look from their perspective it looks extremely suspect to put your item on a unknown website (this is a typical scammer method as well). The reason we are asking for easy to sell items on the Steam Market is not to sell the items there but as a method for them to gauge a items true value. They can be sure that Steam itself is not going to scam them and they are familiar with how the Steam Market works. This way offers that come in can all be easily tallied up based on it's Steam Market price and the highest offer can be ascertained. I'm going to try and speak with them today and suggest that Golden Pans also be accepted as a form of currency as it does have a max cash limit on the Steam Market and will make this whole process a lot less complicated due to limited backpack space. I believe our plan is to wait about a week or so and then just accept the highest near pure offer we get. Afterwards, I will work with them and slowly cash out the items they recieved bit by bit to lessen any potential risks on their end. We understand doing it this way will not fully maximize the potentional value for this item but it's what they feel comfortable with and it's better than them selling it on the Steam Market for max cash.

Current Offers:

-[Private] - 11,000 keys
-[Private] - 10,000 keys
-[Private] - Burning Flames Bonk Boy (1,250 keys) + 7,950 keys = (Total: 9,300 keys or $20,180 Steam Market Value)

-[Private] - 3 Golden Pans

-[m.richer] - Mixed Offer (listed in this thread) = (Total: 8,500 keys or $18,955 Steam Market Value)

-[Private] - Multiple offers in the 4,500 - 7,500 key range

-[Private] - Golden Frying Pan (2,700 keys) + Australium Weapons (630 keys) + 4,040+ keys in mixed items. = (Total: 7,370 keys or $16,435 Steam Market Value)

-[vytal] - Death at Dusk Antlers + Bonzo The All-Gnawing Liquidator's Lid + Energy Orb Professional Killstreak Night Terror Scattergun (Field-Tested) + Sparkling Fireworks Decorated Veteran + Stellar Ascent Herald's Helm + 500 Keys + $1,000 USD = (Total: ??? Most of this offer is not easy to price or sell quickly. I will list it because I told them I would in case the seller is somehow interested.)

-[Private] - Mixed Offer = (Total: 3,140 keys or $7,000 Steam Market Value)

-[n0ne] - 3,000 keys + Cauldron Bubbles Slo-Poke (110 keys) = (Total: 3110 keys or $6,935 Steam Market Value)

-[Private] - Pure Offer = (1,500 keys or $3,350 USD in Steam Market Value)

EDIT2:

All offers will need to be in by the end of 12/5/23 at 8pm EST. Killerghost and I will look at all offers and pick the highest offer sometime on 12/6/23 when we are both online. The trade will need to all fit in a single trade window, this is non negotiable. If needed the highest bidder can have a couple of days to get their offer ready (in case you need to buy keys or pans or whatever). 

Steam wallet has a cap at $2000, just an fyi

Edit: note to seller, if you want to make the most out of your sale, it would be best to sit and sell it for a highly liquid offer (at least ~$25k+ in pans- maybe 5 or so gpans, and sell part of that for steam market money to your hearts desire)

If you sell too quickly, people will take advantage of this and you won't get the full price for your misc.

Final edit: for the quickest liquid in an offer from me, I'll offer the following items (all prices taken from highest recent buy order):

2815 keys pure

Strange Catastrophic Companions - 410 keys
Golden Frying Pan - 2700 keys
$1600 SCM Funds (after tax) - 695 keys
Amaranthine Brown Bomber - 450 keys
Collector's Cozy Camper - 180 keys
Pro KS Collector's Kritz - 150 keys
Pro KS Collector's Mantreads - 103 keys
Strange Collector's Bison - 116 keys
Pro KS Exo Collector's Sydney Sleep - 90 keys
Collector's Half Zatoichi - 100 keys
Pro KS Collector's Quick Fix - 72 keys
Pro KS Collector's Escape Plan - 59 keys
Pro KS Collector's Loose Cannon - 67 keys
Collector's Tomislav - 58 keys
Collector's Black Box - 57 keys
Pro KS Collector's Wrap Assassin - 52 keys
Pro KS Collector's Jag - 60 keys
Collector's FaN - 46 keys
Collector's Reserve Shooter - 33 keys
Collector's Detonator - 43 keys

Collector's Volcano Frag - 41 keys

Collector's Loch n' Load - 43 keys

Collector's Sandman - 35 keys

Collector's Eviction Notice - 25 keys

Total: 8500 keys

Should scare not-so serious buyers away.

Edit 2: Getting cold feet after some thoughts, will lower my offer to 8500 keys instead of the original 9600.

• Like 3

What's this chat about steam wallet funds? i have never seen someone have such an expensive item that they would want to sell for only SCM funds? 

Also then since keys sell for higher on scm (because of fees, this also goes for other liquid items), full pure offers might seem better than they really are.

Please don't just acknowledge scm prices, look around at many different websites (mainly mannco,store and marketplace) 

Goodluck on the sale :steamhappy:

23 minutes ago, ___ said:

What's this chat about steam wallet funds? i have never seen someone have such an expensive item that they would want to sell for only SCM funds? 

Also then since keys sell for higher on scm (because of fees, this also goes for other liquid items), full pure offers might seem better than they really are.

Please don't just acknowledge scm prices, look around at many different websites (mainly mannco,store and marketplace) 

Goodluck on the sale :steamhappy:

I have informed them about all of the fees, the trade limits, the steam market cash limits and sell limits, and different ways of cashing out. They are extremely paranoid and I don't blame them. We are hoping to be able to convert the sale into keys/max's/aussie items and maybe Gpans so we can then do some smaller transactions and cash things out a little bit at a time. This is the typical method I suggest to people who don't know what they are doing because it's much less risky to do a bunch of little transactions than one huge transaction. It's not as optimal as doing a transaction using Mannco or a trusted buyer but from their point of view they don't know what can be trusted so it's worth paying that price to them.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fire ̷̨●̷̨° said:

I have informed them about all of the fees, the trade limits, the steam market cash limits and sell limits, and different ways of cashing out. They are extremely paranoid and I don't blame them. We are hoping to be able to convert the sale into keys/max's/aussie items and maybe Gpans so we can then do some smaller transactions and cash things out a little bit at a time. This is the typical method I suggest to people who don't know what they are doing because it's much less risky to do a bunch of little transactions than one huge transaction. It's not as optimal as doing a transaction using Mannco or a trusted buyer but from their point of view they don't know what can be trusted so it's worth paying that price to them.

That's fair enough, as long as they aren't super reliant on scm. This sounds like a good way of going about it 👍

Still doesn’t make much sense to me. Scm isn’t really cashing out since it will still be closely tied to and stuck in the virtual economy. Like what is one going to do with $30.000 usd on steam? With scm funds one can only buy games or buy items again. Am I missing something?

43 minutes ago, Dominant said:

Still doesn’t make much sense to me. Scm isn’t really cashing out since it will still be closely tied to and stuck in the virtual economy. Like what is one going to do with $30.000 usd on steam? With scm funds one can only buy games or buy items again. Am I missing something?

They don't plan to have $30,000 SCM funds. They have zero experience trading and don't trust anyone, however they do trust that the price listed as a buy order on the SCM is a real value. So getting items that have a realiable value on the SCM allows them to very easily ascertain the value of an offer they are presented with.

Once they have finished the trade I will assist them in cashing out portions of their backpack a little bit at a time. This way they can learn the process of cashing out without risking it all in one transaction.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ___ said:

Also Ohnepixel a csgo youtuber seemed pretty interested in buying one of these antlers. Maybe they could discuss something. 

he might offer something just to flex having it, but he'd never actually use it 😕

14 minutes ago, Apo said:

he might offer something just to flex having it, but he'd never actually use it 😕

As long as Killerghost gets a nice bag for it who cares what ohne does with it

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fire ̷̨●̷̨° said:

They don't plan to have $30,000 SCM funds. They have zero experience trading and don't trust anyone, however they do trust that the price listed as a buy order on the SCM is a real value. So getting items that have a realiable value on the SCM allows them to very easily ascertain the value of an offer they are presented with.

Once they have finished the trade I will assist them in cashing out portions of their backpack a little bit at a time. This way they can learn the process of cashing out without risking it all in one transaction.

With the risk of stating the obvious, we are going to do a simple exercise (which I encourage your friend to try solve himself):

We have a guy, who wants to sell item X for 30k $USD. 

Problem is, he's too paranoid to do the transaction directly, so he opts for a safety hoop in between. Turn X into keys, then keys into $USD.

Now he only needs to find out what the exchange rate for keys is, so that he can determine how many to ask for.

He finds the multiple parties:

SCM - 2.27$USD/key

Marketplace.tf - 1.77$USD/key

Mannco.store - 1.63$USD/key

his next door neighbor - 0.69$USD/key

(all prices before tax)

And he decides to only trust SCM. 

Now what we have to find out, is the following: if external parties do turn out to be frauds, what will the consequence be?

Let's see in actual terms.

(mannco) 30000 / 1.63 = ~18405 keys

(scm) 30000 / 2.27 = ~13216 keys

So if mannco ends up being a trick, what might happen is that he will have an extra 5k keys.

Now it's your turn to determine if the consequence outweighs the risk!

8 minutes ago, puf said:

We are going to do a simple exercise (which I encourage your friend to try solve himself):

We have a guy, who wants to sell item X for 30k $USD. 

Problem is, he's too paranoid to do the transaction directly, so he opts for a safety hoop in between. Turn X into keys, then keys into $USD.

Now he only needs to find out what the exchange rate for keys is, so that he can determine how many to ask for.

He finds the multiple parties:

SCM - 2.27$USD/key

Marketplace.tf - 1.77$USD/key

Mannco.store - 1.63$USD/key

his next door neighbor - 0.69$USD/key

(all prices before tax)

And he decides to only trust SCM. 

Now what we have to find out, is the following: if external parties do turn out to be frauds, what will the consequence be?

Let's see in actual terms.

(mannco) 30000 / 1.63 = ~18405 keys

(scm) 30000 / 2.27 = ~13216 keys

So if mannco ends up being a trick, what might happen is that he will have an extra 5k keys.

Now it's your turn to determine if the consequence outweighs the risk!

1. you didn’t account for the SCM fees, 2.27 is around 1.98 after valve cuts

2. scm gives you valve bucks which can only be used on steam (afaik) vs just getting real money from third party

“cashing out” via scm is nonsense, just take liquid in pans and maxs and call it a day, if someone is serious about offering on this how hard it is to buy some pans Vs a wire transfer?

this whole thread could have been a promoted backpack classified tbh, this auction stuff is weird and unnecessary 

9 hours ago, m.richer said:

Steam wallet has a cap at $2000, just an fyi

Edit: note to seller, if you want to make the most out of your sale, it would be best to sit and sell it for a highly liquid offer (at least ~$25k+ in pans- maybe 5 or so gpans, and sell part of that for steam market money to your hearts desire)

If you sell too quickly, people will take advantage of this and you won't get the full price for your misc.

Final edit: for the quickest liquid in an offer from me, I'll offer the following items (all prices taken from highest recent buy order):

3500 keys pure
Golden Frying Pan - 2700 keys
$1600 SCM Funds (after tax) - 695 keys
PShadows Trenchers Topper - 450 keys
Amaranthine Brown Bomber - 450 keys
SBTWC Scotch Bonnet - 375 keys
Collector's Cozy Camper - 180 keys
Pro KS Collector's Kritz - 150 keys
Pro KS Collector's Mantreads - 103 keys
Strange Collector's Bison - 116 keys
Pro KS Exo Collector's Sydney Sleep - 90 keys
Collector's Half Zatoichi - 100 keys
Pro KS Collector's Quick Fix - 72 keys
Pro KS Collector's Escape Plan - 59 keys
Pro KS Collector's Loose Cannon - 67 keys
Collector's Tomislav - 58 keys
Collector's Black Box - 57 keys
Pro KS Collector's Wrap Assassin - 52 keys
Pro KS Collector's Jag - 60 keys
Collector's FaN - 46 keys
Collector's Reserve Shooter - 33 keys
Collector's Detonator - 43 keys

Collector's Volcano Frag - 41 keys

Collector's Loch n' Load - 43 keys

Collector's Sandman - 35 keys

Collector's Eviction Notice - 25 keys

Total: 9600 keys

Should scare not-so serious buyers away.

Take from highest buy order so not actually that much realistically 

I don't feel scared and I only got 10 keys