A question on global warming

AwesomeSause

This sounds stupid, but I would like someone to explain to me why polar bears can't just move elsewhere?

And why do we care about land life so much

Any other questions and answers?

38 minutes ago, Dominant said:

Is this a shit post or a real question?

real question but didnt know how to word it to sound intellectual

1 hour ago, AwesomeSause said:

...why do we care about land life so much

My brother in Christ, YOU are land life. 

It may not affect us in our lifetime, but what are we, as a species, going to do if the coastline keeps eating up the land in the relatively near future? 

1 hour ago, AwesomeSause said:

This sounds stupid, but I would like someone to explain to me why polar bears can't just move elsewhere?

And why do we care about land life so much

Any other questions and answers?

For the first one, bears are adapted to ONLY survive in the cold. Due to their fur coats keeping in a significant amount of heat, they can die from heat exhaustion if the temperatures are too high around them. With how fast temperatures are rising, there is literally no way for bears to adapt to warmer climates within this time period, so they can't go anywhere except north.

As for the second one, as mentioned before me, we ARE land life. Furthermore, a lot of things in nature directly impact our ability to live, whether you recognize it or not. An oversimplified example would be that if all the eagles died due to being unable to build nests anywhere due to deforestation, then all the birds they hunt would be able to overpopulate. This can cause a chain reaction where, if the birds say eat insects and crops, would overeat a lot of insects that are important for pollination, potentially causing extinction for most of them, alongside eating our crops. Now all the food runs out for those overpopulated birds and then they die out immensely, alongside for us losing a significant portion of crops due to a lack of pollination and those birds themselves. Unfortunately, even researchers within this field can't fully predict the consequences of the loss of biodiversity (plant and animal life) and we are starting to see such situations unravel.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AwesomeSause said:

lmao true, like thats what zoos are for??

8 hours ago, TraceofCakes said:

It may not affect us in our lifetime, but what are we, as a species, going to do if the coastline keeps eating up the land in the relatively near future? 

we can just build more land ???

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TraceofCakes said:

Build up dumbo obv

Fish rule

tbh,global warming isnt a problem that can be solved when you dont eat a steak sandwich or something,those are goverments and those underground mfs idk for example those billioners earned more during PLANdemic,plus they earn from production,transportion,consumption and waste elimination,do you really think they care about the world?

• Like 1