[Price Check] Is 3.05 usd a good price for a gib kills strange sticky bomb?

Grass08

No. It's actually listed for MORE than it would cost to craft it, and that's just not how strange parts work when reselling.

Applied paints and strange parts typically keep 10-75% of their value. The % range is so large because there's a couple different factors that play into it.

1. Desirability

• If you have a strange sniper rifle with the strange part Snipers Killed on it, that's likely to keep some of it's value seeing as it makes sense on the sniper rifle. But that same Snipers Killed strange part would only retain a small portion of it's value on something like a strange Fan o War... because it just doens't really make sense there. This applies for all stranges, if the parts make sense with the strange they retain more value.

2. Supply

• If a cosmetic is brand new and has paint applied, the paint will retain more value because there's only a small new supply. As opposed to something like the Graybanns that have been around for a decade and there are thousands of every paint color, so it doesn't add much because of the vast supply.

There are other smaller factors that you could use to determine if a strange part or painted item is a good deal. But these are the main two. And sometimes if you're desperate enough and there's only a small amount of them for sale you just throw all logic to the wind and any price you can pay under the price of crafting it would be considered a deal. And the opposite is true too, sometimes you can find stranges with great parts for market price. 

In the case of your stickybomb, even tho Gib Kills makes sense, it's not a very popular strange part for resale value and wouldn't even retain half of it's value imo.
The cost to craft it would be just under $3 on the steam market. So in it's already crafted state, for resale value I'd guess it should be more like $1.50, if that.

AZ4nMXp.png gehNsG7.png

In fact there's one just like it for sale on backpack for 1 key, which is like $1.70 cash value. Check it out here: https://next.backpack.tf/classifieds?itemName=Stickybomb Launcher&strangePart=23
And there's one for sale on the steam market for $1.07https://steamcommunity.com/market/search?q=stickybomb+launcher+AND+gib&descriptions=1#p1_price_asc

That's a lot of info. More than I anticipated on writing, but I like collecting and buying strange parted stuff so I ended up sharing.

Make sure you're utilizing steam market, next.backpack.tf's search function, and the stuff I told you above, and you should have a fine time buying cool strange parted stuff including the Gib Sticky