Afraid of loosing all my stuff

Flam3y

I want to start trading and i bought 1 key and 20 ref. Trading with 1-3 ref hats not very profitable. I want to trade on 1 key hats, but i am scared of loosing all my capital. What sould i do?

1 hour ago, Russell said:

Unfortunately low tier is kind of hard to trade. I recommend putting in like 30 keys to get into mid tier unusual trading 

Yeah, but what hat/weapon should i buy for trading for 1 key. Like strange market gradener?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Flam3y said:

Yeah, but what hat/weapon should i buy for trading for 1 key. Like strange market gradener?

you cant really do trading at that range, you can try flipping stuff for 1-3 ref before moving onto higher places. you will gain experience that way

1 hour ago, Flam3y said:

you can try to find "good deals" on scrap.tf, find some hats that are underpriced there, buy them for cheap and instantly sell them to buy orders on backpack.tf for profit.

keep in mind tho, begging on the streets would allow you to make money quicker, i bet you're actually turning a net negative moneywise with the cost of electricity whilst your pc is on.

Trading with under 100 keys is almost never profitable.

Just save up some money and buy the items you like from other traders or from places like marketplace.tf and mannco.store

If you spend an hour turning 1 key into 2 keys, you're working for $1.80/hour

If you are really passionate about trading, go ahead, but you should spend your time doing something more enjoyable, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Hot take: starting low can always work out, just need grit and dedication, and sbould not be a work, just hobby. Buying anything with 75% of your capital does not make much sense, unless you have a well though plan.

In your place, I would break the key into refs and qs/qb low priced hats, grab painted hats from bots that can be flipped to paint seller, evem buy worn robot part for 1 ref and flip them for 1.1 or 1.2.

• Thanks 1

Heres a fun one: Find bot spreads and collect the spread by fulfilling both sides.
For example recently I had a strange atomizer I was about to sell to a bot. I'm going to use fake numbers for the example, but they were pretty accurate to how it actually went.

Bot 1 was buying and selling strange atomizers for ~1 key

Bot 2 was buying strange killstreak atomizer for 1 key 30 ref

Bot 3 was selling atomizer killstreak kit for 21 ref

I bought killstreak kit for 21 ref, sold the newly created strange killstreak atomizer to bot 2 for 1 key 30 ref, pocketing the 9 ref difference. Even if I didn't already have a strange atomizer, one could have been purchased from Bot 1 for 1 key, yielding the same 9 ref profit. I'm sure there are hundreds of these examples if you get crafty with the classifieds. Although be weary, bots pull buy orders randomly. So you can only really rely on their prices (like the S KS Atomizer buy order) if there are multiple bots buying/selling something at the same price.

L bozo bots. gg ez

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/17/2023 at 12:51 PM, FLAIMBOT_ said:

Although be weary, bots pull buy orders randomly

I assure you it is not randomly, it is purposefully built into the algorithms.

On 11/17/2023 at 8:51 PM, FLAIMBOT_ said:

Heres a fun one: Find bot spreads and collect the spread by fulfilling both sides.
For example recently I had a strange atomizer I was about to sell to a bot. I'm going to use fake numbers for the example, but they were pretty accurate to how it actually went.

Bot 1 was buying and selling strange atomizers for ~1 key

Bot 2 was buying strange killstreak atomizer for 1 key 30 ref

Bot 3 was selling atomizer killstreak kit for 21 ref

I bought killstreak kit for 21 ref, sold the newly created strange killstreak atomizer to bot 2 for 1 key 30 ref, pocketing the 9 ref difference. Even if I didn't already have a strange atomizer, one could have been purchased from Bot 1 for 1 key, yielding the same 9 ref profit. I'm sure there are hundreds of these examples if you get crafty with the classifieds. Although be weary, bots pull buy orders randomly. So you can only really rely on their prices (like the S KS Atomizer buy order) if there are multiple bots buying/selling something at the same price.

L bozo bots. gg ez

Thank you <3. I was making 0.33-1.22 ref of profit by making Civilian Grade Stat Clock and by reselling hats. But now I making 6-15 ref profit! Very usefull.