Question to SFM Artists

Draconem_Deae

How long does it typically take you to do a poster (whether for a comm or fun)? Let's say, for reference, one character (no unusual effects) in an action pose with a semi-detailed background. How much extra time is needed for adding characters, including unusual effects, etc.?

Also, how do you determine your prices? I've seen SFM artists charging pennies for their work, which seems very wrong.

• Thanks 1

man tbh art takes time and time is relative to how good you are (and not good as in talent wise but how quickly you can go "ahh I can just do this and not take 4 hours doing that) but I'd say for one small thing an hour and for extra it just goes up

• Like 1

It completely depends on how good you are and if you know what you are doing. When I used to make posters from start to finish it would take me about an hour in SFM to do posing, lighting, rendering etc. Then I'd take time in Photoshop to do touch-ups or things that you cant do with the toolkit in SFM. That would take about another hour or two depending on what it was. That being said I stopped making SFM posters a few years ago so it will take me longer now Im rusty 😛 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1