[Price-Check] Hard Carry Brimmed Bootlegger

runman88

Hello, I recently won this cool scout fedora from a scrap.tf auction for 16 keys.

image.png.920655c290b3d1e16f407bc58a504b5a.png

I've done some research throughout a quick Google Search, went to many websites (scm, mannco, etc) to see how much it could truly be worth, and I'm estimating that it could possibly be worth 15-16 keys. But I've come to the forums to ask people that have been in the trading business longer than I have, since they know more about the economy than me. Is my estimate wrong, or right? You guys can do your own research and help me out down below, thanks.

3 sellers below 15 keys suggests you paid too much: https://next.backpack.tf/classifieds?itemName=Brimmed Bootlegger&quality=5&particle=279

With hard carry being such a low tier effect that will be unboxable on that hat once halloween ends, there is no reason to expect the price is going to go above what it is now any time in the next few years.

If you were to try sell it off now I doubt you'd be able to get more than 14 keys out of it, especially considering if you did list it at 14 the bots will likely undercut you.

If you list on community market you may be able to get a little more out of it, cheapest with the same effect is listed just short of 20 keys, but do remember you'll have to eat the steam tax of %15.

yeah next time don’t blindly purchase something thinking u just struck gold, you legit just lost money on a super common hat with the worse effect in the case. There’s sellers almost 2 keys below what you paid.

good luck

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bananas said:

yeah next time don’t blindly purchase something thinking u just struck gold, you legit just lost money on a super common hat with the worse effect in the case. There’s sellers almost 2 keys below what you paid.

good luck

well damn thanks for making me feel bad, I just liked the hat

3 hours ago, runman88 said:

well damn thanks for making me feel bad, I just liked the hat

not trying to make you feel bad but ur walking over to the economy side of the game and asking people with experience what your hat is worth

its the new cancer tier unfortunately, a non limited merc grade with the lowest tier effect in the case, will be really hard to resell because it will ALWAYS be unboxable forever, and combined with a bad effect means it won’t be popular. Unpopular, low tier, and always being unboxed. There will always be a bot selling this because it will always be dumped to a bot by a random player for next to nothing. Like expect 97 of these to exist in a year or two.

i just checked, and within half a year there’s already 68 that exist.

good luck chief.