a notes tab

zbik

usually when i make a trade i tend to write down what i bought the item for so i can hopefully sell it for more at a later date, while this works i think having a notes feature on the site would be more handy and people would appreciate it. just food for thought.

there is no way to say this without sounding like king of the assholes but you are on a computer and notepad.exe was programmed four decades ago

• Like 3

sure, my way of thinking was if this place is meant to be the definitive hub for tf2 trading i'd say a notes feature would be nice because of the lack of extra features on the site and it's ease of implementation. i can also see why this might be a pointless endeavor, but then again this is not a very high priority suggestion,

1 hour ago, Norah said:

there is no way to say this without sounding like king of the assholes but you are on a computer and notepad.exe was programmed four decades ago

even browsers are starting to integrate some kind of functionality like that

• Like 1

There's a notes tab in the steam overlay now for individual games so while this would never get added on backpack you can at least keep notes while trading in tf2 for things and they save and stay there.

• Like 2

you can color code and tag individual items in your inventory already which is kinda close to what youre suggesting? i've seen people use that to note when and how much they originally bought an item for but typically its just used to categorize nfs/valuable items.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Norah said:

Ok Mr windows 11 I prefer vista

5 minutes ago, AwesomeSause said:

Ok Mr windows 11 I prefer vista

notepad is integrated to windows since 1.0 checkmate atheists

win+r>notepad is a simple task

You can just add a tag to your items, don't be afraid to tell people about your 500+% margins. (nobody reads item tags so people won't even know what you bought your stuff for)
image.png.3d3929c77e43eb34ab2c7e10e41a652a.png

(I should really fully read through forum post before commenting, just saw that this was mentioned already. 🫠)