Cash Trading

CatLuck

I got already a person that can buy the keys, i got the credit card, but i never done this before, could somebody experienced gives some tips or how to not get scammed for cash, bc i heard people can somehow get back their money. Of course i'm sending the keys first.

Only do cash trading with people with significant reputation on that specific account, do NOT count reputation on “alt accounts”. Also, make sure their inventory value is fairly high. Meaning they have more to lose if they scam. 

Feel free to share the profile of the guy you’re planning on trading with. We can do a quick background check

• Like 2

Cash trading websites are the more safe but more expensive option.

Keys from player-player trading can be up to like 20% cheaper.

In player-player cash trading, the person with the least rep/cashrep is expected to go first (send cash/keys first).

You have a credit card, but you probably want some time of online payment transfer tool.

Previously, this used to pretty much only be paypal, but these days there are more options.

Paypal, venmo, and zelle are the most popular methods for cash transfers.

Crypto is also a viable option that often is a speck cheaper.

If you visit our cash trading thread, you can see market price at the moment and some reputable buyers/sellers (mostly buyers usually though).

Let us know if you need a background check on someone you plan to trade with.

2 hours ago, CatLuck said:

I got already a person that can buy the keys, i got the credit card, but i never done this before

What do you mean by this exactly? The standard way of cash trading doesn't involve credit cards whatsoever. 

I was gonna write a big ol paragraph of things to watch out for, how to legit-check your buyer, and the pros and cons of certain payment platforms.. but fuck all that

Dude, you have 1900 keys. Don't mess around with random unverified buyers. Sell it on a site and take the fee loss, OR sell to a reputable key buyer within the community. There are price moderators and other big traders that have key flipping businesses where you can sell to them for more than you'd net from a site like marketplace. They'll pay you via paypal. I dont care if you think their rate seems low, take it. Better to get 95% of expected value than 0%, always

Join the backpack.tf discord, go to #trade-adverts, and find a key buyer in there that has a huge backpack and tons of reputation from years of trading

Don't get scammed. I will point, laugh, and kick you while you're down if you do.

5 hours ago, FLAIMBOT_ said:

Sell it on a site and take the fee loss, OR sell to a reputable key buyer within the community.

5 hours ago, FLAIMBOT_ said:

Better to get 95% of expected value than 0%, always

I mean I could sell third party and lose a fraction of the money, but like… this dude PissnuttSSlugSnipa22 with $57 in his backpack says he has a great price for me  if i trade fast men so idk…. he has some +reps from 2012 and a high steam level so he seems pretty legit..

12 hours ago, FLAIMBOT_ said:

What do you mean by this exactly? The standard way of cash trading doesn't involve credit cards whatsoever. 

I was gonna write a big ol paragraph of things to watch out for, how to legit-check your buyer, and the pros and cons of certain payment platforms.. but fuck all that

Dude, you have 1900 keys. Don't mess around with random unverified buyers. Sell it on a site and take the fee loss, OR sell to a reputable key buyer within the community. There are price moderators and other big traders that have key flipping businesses where you can sell to them for more than you'd net from a site like marketplace. They'll pay you via paypal. I dont care if you think their rate seems low, take it. Better to get 95% of expected value than 0%, always

Join the backpack.tf discord, go to #trade-adverts, and find a key buyer in there that has a huge backpack and tons of reputation from years of trading

Don't get scammed. I will point, laugh, and kick you while you're down if you do.

The thing is, it's my first time and i don't know how it works, that's why i said "credit card" only after making this, i understood that there's only bank transfer can be.
Also i'm trading with this guy: https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198043858325

14 hours ago, Dominant said:

Only do cash trading with people with significant reputation on that specific account, do NOT count reputation on “alt accounts”. Also, make sure their inventory value is fairly high. Meaning they have more to lose if they scam. 

Feel free to share the profile of the guy you’re planning on trading with. We can do a quick background check

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198043858325 , dude was so patient with me