Australia's Bot Crisis: V3

JayTuut

When we thought it was over... they came back for Halloween.

These cheater bot accounts have gone after people as small as me in the past for just streaming, changing their name to my twitch.tv/JayTuut and getting people to come to my stream/steam profile and ask why I'm cheating (lol). They also micspam and etc.

I hadn't seen bots in probably a year, but this halloween they have resurfaced, under random names sometimes but most commonly "megascatterbomb" who is a YouTuber who was developing an open-source anti-cheat system to try and remove bots.

Here is his video if you haven't seen it.

The bots appear to just spam his video, always syncing up his video so they're is anywhere from 1-5 bots just playing the same video at the exact same timestamp so all you can hear is megascatterbomb's voice. They also, as the bots do, try and kick innocent people, or sometimes change their name to someone else on the team to trick the user into kicking someone innocent.

They are also posting "Sponsored by discord.gg/megascatterbomb" (his discord), assuming to get people to go raid and hate on his discord thinking the bots is his issue.

What is everyone's thoughts on this? I played TF2 for maybe 3 hours yesterday and the ONLY way I could get some contracts done for halloween was to party with 6 people, then work on kicking the bots 1 by 1, which took ages as there are lots of bots, even then we started a match with 11 so just had a majority, kicked the 5 bots slowly, but the other team's real players basically all got kicked or outnumbered, so we were still versing the bots which we couldn't control.

(ironically megascatterbomb is from NZ but we share the same servers i suppose)

wiL4hBc.jpg

Funnily enough, @FLAIMBOT_, an american I asked to guess how many of these players are real (just hopped into a match of Cauldron).

He answered 10, "the players with normal names are real"

Funny thing is. There are only 4 real players. Myself, Benji, Joosh and Detona.

Tim (as u can see micspamming) is also a bot.

It's a weird mix of regular named and sort-of normal looking profiles, and complete obvious bots like megascatterbomb.

So in my 8v8, 16 people, only 12 are real. And on each respective team, there is only 2, so the bots, as you'd expect just kicked all of us. (6 votes yes)

Was about to make this exact post. Not even sure I can change server location as at this point I'd prefer to just have immense lag then just be waiting an hour for any given map and to be kicked 5 mins in

51 minutes ago, RockSolidWood said:

Was about to make this exact post. Not even sure I can change server location as at this point I'd prefer to just have immense lag then just be waiting an hour for any given map and to be kicked 5 mins in

I've been testing a VPN in LA.. its kinda.. shit...

Singapore seems okay though when I change VPN to singapore then turn it off, 90 ping and pretty playable for contracts

3 hours ago, JayTuut said:

I've been testing a VPN in LA.. its kinda.. shit...

Singapore seems okay though when I change VPN to singapore then turn it off, 90 ping and pretty playable for contracts

cant you change servers from settings? i remember there being a ping limit that put you on a server that was below your ping limit

16 minutes ago, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:

cant you change servers from settings? i remember there being a ping limit that put you on a server that was below your ping limit

At times like these I think of the undersea Internet cables

there are also other bots on halloween maps, rathook and omegatronic , funny thing megatronic tries to sell a thing called bot protection , have not looked into it but its ridiculous. You need to pay to avoid being stomped by hacking bots

2 minutes ago, ___ said:

AUS Tf2 is fucked atm, i am just hoping it goes away before all the scream fort maps die haha

All I'm hoping for. I don't need to do contracts but its the only time I play casual, Idk why people just love to ruin it for the majority 

Yeah it's the worst I've seen in a long time. Every single Halloween map is unplayable. Some of the bots appear to be totally unkickable as well. It just comes up with an error saying you are unable to vote to kick this person at this time or something. I'm worried that because it's only Aus servers nothing will get done. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2023 at 5:07 AM, Esteban said:

Yeah it's the worst I've seen in a long time. Every single Halloween map is unplayable. Some of the bots appear to be totally unkickable as well. It just comes up with an error saying you are unable to vote to kick this person at this time or something. I'm worried that because it's only Aus servers nothing will get done. 

most likely even tho tf2 is basically aussie-made