How do i get cheap engie cool cosmetics and emotes?

Claud

Hey guys i'm new in the tf2 economy and i wanted to know how and for how much money can i get cool cosmetics and taunts for engie and medic.Are unusuals,australiums and all that stuff very expensive?and are they worth It? or should i stick with unique things?should i buy ref and Keys?sorry for asking all this questions,but i've heard people who use backpack.tf are very good and have experience at this.Pls help😭😭😭

You’d be hard pressed to get a good looking unusual hat for under 20 keys. ($~30). As for unique cosmetics you can get most for just a couple cents. Up to you to decide what is cool and what’s not. 

9 minutes ago, Rainy said:

You’d be hard pressed to get a good looking unusual hat for under 20 keys. ($~30). As for unique cosmetics you can get most for just a couple cents. Up to you to decide what is cool and what’s not. 

Thank you,but do i get keys from the ingame store or from marketplace.tf or something?

28 minutes ago, Claud said:

Hey guys i'm new in the tf2 economy and i wanted to know how and for how much money can i get cool cosmetics and taunts for engie and medic.Are unusuals,australiums and all that stuff very expensive?and are they worth It? or should i stick with unique things?should i buy ref and Keys?sorry for asking all this questions,but i've heard people who use backpack.tf are very good and have experience at this.Pls help😭😭😭

Sorry,i forgot asking one more thing.anyone know how can i get a cheap lugermorph?is there any way i can buy a unique or not vintage version???

If you buy from in-game store you'll have to wait 7 days before trading them. Best will be for you to buy keys on 3rd party sites indeed like marketplace (you also have other cash sites like mannco csdeals skinport swap dmarket ... Depends on your location and currency and key price at the time).

Keys bought on these sites will be directly tradable.

If you want to buy cosmetics, like Rainy said, you can but them directly on SCM for a few cents (do not buy on in-game store) or with some refined metal you can obtain by trading your keys to buyers on backpack (or bots on scrap.tf quicksell.store or stntrading.eu)

Unique lugermorph can be easily traded for keys+refined or on third party sites (you can't buy them from SCM as it's not marketable unlike the expensive vintage version of it)

u can trade ref for keys here, or buy them at marketplace.tf or steam store.  marketplace is cheaper usually and buying from steam store puts like a 5 day trade hold on them. you may be able to find the specific unusuals/australiums on same storefronts for cash.  and then there's the gamble of unboxing.

fresh effects take longer to establish a value and don't hold up as well as older effects/combined with the right cosmetic. so you may be able to get some fresh effects like from summer update and current halloween update which may be more affordable now, but may require holding on to them and waiting for interest to build in them.

9 minutes ago, ApothicЯ said:

If you buy from in-game store you'll have to wait 7 days before trading them. Best will be for you to buy keys on 3rd party sites indeed like marketplace (you also have other cash sites like mannco csdeals skinport swap dmarket ... Depends on your location and currency and key price at the time).

Keys bought on these sites will be directly tradable.

If you want to buy cosmetics, like Rainy said, you can but them directly on SCM for a few cents (do not buy on in-game store) or with some refined metal you can obtain by trading your keys to buyers on backpack (or bots on scrap.tf quicksell.store or stntrading.eu)

Unique lugermorph can be easily traded for keys+refined or on third party sites (you can't buy them from SCM as it's not marketable unlike the expensive vintage version of it)

Unique lugermorphs aren’t tradable besides some glitched ones that are very expensive, only the vintage ones are tradable 

16 minutes ago, Thiccies said:

Unique lugermorphs aren’t tradable besides some glitched ones that are very expensive, only the vintage ones are tradable 

Yes indeed, my mistake (thought of big kill somehow), best will be to buy a vintage version of it then

You could previously earn the lugermorph by obtaining a success in a few-dollars game on steam (poker night at the inventory), but the game got removed from the steam store (and gifted copies of the game are at prohibited prices)

Honestly, I wouldn't suggest jumping straight into unusuals; you're most likely going to make a bad buy and/or have serious buyer's remorse.

Instead, I'd say the first goal for someone building up is to get one of every weapon (not counting reskins). This basically gives you access to the whole of Tf2, with everything else after that being cosmetic. Next would be to get a solid cosmetic loadout for each class, get everyone looking to your satisfaction. After that, that's when it's time to start upgrading, taking your favorite weapons and getting stranges or skins for them, and upgrading your taunts and cosmetics to unusuals (or alternatively, expand your collection, allowing you to change your look on a whim).

Now if you do decide on getting into unusual trading, plan on having at least $50 to use as starting capital. That allows you to buy 1-3 lower value unusual hats (don't start with taunts) that you can build off of.