Please help me.

Habibi

I have got a community ban and I don't even know the reason.

Apparently, it was a comment, and all I remember doing today is asking someone to accept a friend request to buy their items in their comment section (they didn't list their trade offer link and was listing item in bp.tf)

I never posted a link, never harassed anyone, never said a not-nice words, and made sure that my account is safe and not hijacked/compromised.

Has anyone received a community ban before? and was commenting on someone's profile to add them the reason for such ban? what can I do to fix this please I've already contacted support.

image.png

f5fe1602e630f7e4467afa7785437423.png

Pretty much everyone on this forum has received one by now. The tldr is steam thinks they can combat scams by blanket banning “trade” “buy” “sell” and a handful of other words. Best to just avoid commenting

Appeal and you’ll be free in a day or so

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Zeus_Junior said:

Pretty much everyone on this forum has received one by now. The tldr is steam thinks they can combat scams by blanket banning “trade” “buy” “sell” and a handful of other words. Best to just avoid commenting

Appeal and you’ll be free in a day or so

UPDATE: they lifted the ban THANK GOD!

but I still don't know what was the comment to avoid, given that everyone received one for commenting "trade/buy/sell" it's likely that this was the case with me, right?

God I hate when bp.tf traders don't list their trade offers and don't accept requests when they're 24/7 online.

bc9061b94fc02a192de5d0bc2dd615f1 (1).png

3 minutes ago, EstebanX said:

In my 3 ban they send me this message so maybe this would be help you so in the future you dont get this problem anymoreNo hay descripción disponible.

Ahah! It is the sacred "buy" word. What in the world would this resolve? wouldn't bots now compromise and say trade instead of buying or selling? weird.

literally just woke up to the same ban. Honestly the dumbest "anti scammer" method steam has rolled out in like ever. Scammers will avoid certain words, old school traders have to change years old habbits and noone really benefits from this. In the 1000 accounts they ban, there is probably 1 legitimate scammer that they catch with this, and guess what, he will create a new account. Thank god i no longer have stuff listed on the community market, my first steam lock literally sent 7000 items from the community market into my inventory again, making it impossible to play tf2 or trade anything until i list them back into the market again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Freak4ever2000™ said:

literally just woke up to the same ban. Honestly the dumbest "anti scammer" method steam has rolled out in like ever. Scammers will avoid certain words, old school traders have to change years old habbits and noone really benefits from this. In the 1000 accounts they ban, there is probably 1 legitimate scammer that they catch with this, and guess what, he will create a new account. Thank god i no longer have stuff listed on the community market, my first steam lock literally sent 7000 items from the community market into my inventory again, making it impossible to play tf2 or trade anything until i list them back into the market again.

Even if they do ban a legit scammer... they can just get unbanned in like half an hour 😂

4 hours ago, Habibi said:

God I hate when bp.tf traders don't list their trade offers and don't accept requests when they're 24/7 online.

Couldn't agree more... I have multiple pending trade offers and friend requests out right now, several of which have been pending for days. Extremely frustrating.

And I too received a ban for leaving comments about 2 weeks ago. Same thing- was swiftly unbanned. Nowadays when I leave a comment it will be something super short.

Rather than "Added to trade for your pink villains veil" I now do "Pink villains veil". But even then, I try to use comments sparingly and if people have their discord in their bio I'll opt for that.

11 hours ago, Lucyfer said:

Even if they do ban a legit scammer... they can just get unbanned in like half an hour 😂

The real scammers started commenting on anything but the profile since these bans started. So it kind of seems to work to some extend.

If steam also banned accounts that leave “add me for trade” comments on 7 year old screenshots it might actually have some impact.

• Haha 1