Backpack.tf Playdate Thread.

Santa Heavy

Also, by 0 GMT Friday, you mean in ~2 hours? Also, how long do people plan on being there? There's a show I have to go to starting at 8 (EST), but I'll try to join when I get back

Isn't it thursday?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, 00:00 on Friday would mean midnight on Friday, so immediately after 23:59 on Thursday. He probably meant 00:00 Saturday and Sunday

Well, 00:00 on Friday would mean midnight on Friday, so immediately after 23:59 on Thursday. He probably meant 00:00 Saturday and Sunday

Ah, true.

Derp, fixed it kinda XD  Sorry about the slight confusion.  Also, not really sure how long people will be on or even how many people are actually coming.  Hopefully it doesn't flop like the last one :P

My first double post, shoot me plaz.   Just want to bump this thread up and let everyone know that I plan to do both of these events for sure, and the first one kicks off in ~16 hours!!!

SERVER IP: 69.147.250.214:27015

Friday (Capture Point / Payload Rotation)

Start time: 23:59 GMT

End time:  ??:?? GMT

Saturday (Randomizer) [it's been decided!] 

Sorry to those who were excited for Dodgeball. We may do it if enough choose (or if I can find a way to easily switch it over), but I had an outstanding number of people request randomizer.  Since I have not done randomizer before, what map rotation should we do for it?  All the KOTH maps?

Also, what CP/Payload maps are a must-have to you?  I don't want to do the full list of each.  Dustbowl and gold rush are must-haves, but what else do you think should be included?

Egypt, gold rush, 2 fort and turbine are maps I enjoy.

Should be about 5P CST. I am needing to reinstall TF2 on linux but I should at least be able to make an appearance. 

Well, have fun guyz, that's too late for me to play.

I may be on the server about 2 hours earlier...

I apologize that the times are a bit too late =/  I was trying to find a general time where most of the community would be available, and assumed Friday & Saturday night would do fine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:  Maps I've picked:

cp_dustbowl

pl_goldrush

cp_granary

cp_well

pl_badwater

cp_egypt_final

cp_gravelpit

pl_upward

Think more should be added?  Think some of my choices are trash?  Let me know and I'll make minor adjustments as I see fit.  Also, don't forget to join us in ~5 hours!

Hafe fun you all, I can't play sadly.^^

Edit: Well who needs sleep or a good pc? Played with 130 ping and on my latpop but it was still kinda fun. :P

Wow, server died without even a full round. Nice turnout though. Hope it comes back soon otherwise I may have to run one myself on one of those under-used dota2 backpack site

Will the server be up and running for tomorrow? I was unable to play to day but look forward to playing randomizer tomorrow :)

Will the server be up and running for tomorrow? I was unable to play to day but look forward to playing randomizer tomorrow :)

Yup. We got it good to go. c: Thanks to syn

I apologize for the random issues that were going on.  Not sure why it crashed, but i assure you that everything should be golden for Randomizer tomorrow.  (Can't really control the crash...the host is trying to tell me it's my plugins, but I have individually tested every single one of them, and all have worked without issues.)  What map or maps should we do for it though?

Double post, sorry.  I'm testing out randomizer tonight, and it seems like 1 out of every 4-5 random weapons ends up crashing the server -- I'm not sure what I can do about it, so I don't know if we can do Randomizer tomorrow.  We could always find a stable server with it though.

My server won't be able to do it, but it's still on.   I've been browsing around, and found a nice empty 32 slot CTF 2fort Randomizer hosted in PA

IP: 71.175.79.50:27000

Saturday (Randomizer)

My server won't be able to do it, but it's still on.   I've been browsing around, and found a nice empty 32 slot CTF 2fort Randomizer hosted in PA

IP: 71.175.79.50:27000

Saturday (Randomizer)

You tried and that's what matters. We can do other stuffs on your server next week ^-^

You tried and that's what matters. We can do other stuffs on your server next week ^-^

I'm honestly not even sure how stable the Randomizer plugin is.  Although this one surely won't crash as much as mine was since they've had time to refine it and such.  It'll be a blast regardless of the host! ;)

I'm honestly not even sure how stable the Randomizer plugin is.  Although this one surely won't crash as much as mine was since they've had time to refine it and such.  It'll be a blast regardless of the host! ;)

Amen to that friend.

Archived