Bugged listings with Festivized or kits – allowed not to select parts or sheens/effects?

zin

You can’t select Strange Parts or killstreak sheens or effects, or probably other qualities too, for Festivized items, since it just reverts to the non-Festivized versions. Therefore, when making listings for Festivized items and I want special effects or parts, I can’t add them to the listings. I don’t want to be suspended, so I’m wondering, is this allowed, considering I can’t do anything about it because of the site bug?

The same goes for kits. If I just want to add a sheen or killstreak effect, it immediately reverts to a general/universal kit, which are worth hundreds upon hundreds of keys and aren’t what I want.

I tried on next.backpack.tf, but you can’t select Strange Parts for your listings as far as I can tell. And when making listings for kits, it adds ‘Non-Craftable’ twice rather than once, breaking the listing.

image.png.a18f12b0b1c2bc8af690e35937d79112.pngimage.png.914c7592e7ad37172d45068945d63515.png

Here is a GIF showing what I mean.

This doesn’t just happen with Australium weapons but happens with all Festivized weapons. However, with Australiums, it reverts not just to the non-Festivized version but also to the non-Australium version. So it’s completely impossible to create a listing for a Festivized weapon with Strange Parts, even if you try it on next.backpack.tf.

brokenbackpack_tf.thumb.gif.41d00934908cb9e04c04a12a9148a374.gif

I'm generally confused at this forum. I understand in the gif that changing filters for a specific item, and then it reverting to an item you don't want. The 2 images can be addressed in different ways by asking what specific sheen/killstreaker you want in the text box. That's how people have been doing it if they specifically want something to their likeliness. There's no need for dedicated buttons

19 minutes ago, runman88 said:

in the text box. That's how people have been doing it if they specifically want something to their likeliness.

It's against the rules to have a generic listing but say your only buying a specific thing for that amount. Most of the listings with the text about prices for specific sheens put the one they pay the most for on the item so it's at the top of the listings. OP wants to be able to create such a listing so theirs appears at the top of the buy orders because otherwise if they just make a 6 key buy order for a str pro ks scorch shot then they have to either pay the 6 keys for any pro ks combo or they're breaking the rules and the listing will be removed.

My response to op is festivized doesn't add.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, runman88 said:

I'm generally confused at this forum. I understand in the gif that changing filters for a specific item, and then it reverting to an item you don't want. The 2 images can be addressed in different ways by asking what specific sheen/killstreaker you want in the text box. That's how people have been doing it if they specifically want something to their likeliness. There's no need for dedicated buttons

The problem is this is against the rules, but in this case, there’s nothing I can do not to break the rules.

So, am I going to be suspended because of a site bug, or will the staff make an exception?

Managed to create a kit listing with the sheen and killstreaker using next.backpack.tf. However, you still can’t add Strange Parts, so it won’t work for items you want to buy with Strange Parts.

Also, this shows an add friend button instead of the trade offer button, for some reason…

How do I create the listing on next.backpack.tf with my trade offer URL? I also don’t see an option to allow or disallow negotiation; it auto-allows negotiation.

Screenshot 2023-08-29 111812.png