Written rules for the forum

Bakgrund

Why is this not a thing? It should be illegal to not have written rules for forums...

There are only rules in great below which pretty much tells us to use common sense. Where's the rules for the rest of the forum? How should the user know what's allowed and not allowed to do? You might say that common sense is the best rule but in the end rules will always help, especially when you try to appeal your ban or similar. Just to give an example i got a warning point for "topic bumping" or something stupid like that, it was just a normal post in a thread that hasn't been posted in for a while. How can i possibly know that i'm not allowed to post in old topics if they are not locked? This just makes my brain hurt.

Also when you register on the forums the user is prompted to read and accept the terms, when you click the terms nothing happen, at least remove that button if the forums don't have any rules.

People would still be breaking the rules

But then they should know better and have no reason to get unbanned, you should atleast inform the user about what's ok to do and what is not ok to do.

IP Board has an addon that has a rules page and one that you agree to when you sign up.

That, along with a global chat on the front page would make the experience awesome. 

Perhaps a skin too but Im cool with blue and white.

Well we tried it without rules but common sense. Apparantly that's too difficult.....

The rules should be:

1.) Think with common sense, don't do anything what would dissatisfies admins or you will be banned. :P

Archived