gladiator is back

hi kirby

I would only use Gladiator to check sales history on items if you're wanting to make a backpack suggestion. I can't see anybody using bots again without the risk of a 3rd future breach.

I'm gonna cut the owner some slack though, he poured all his life savings into the website. Gladiator deserves to come back and help the trading community in some functionality.

• 2 weeks later...

have you tried recently? there is a reason most human traders moved to painted cosmetics

my guess is no you haven't tried, and you just reply for the sake of maybe getting some users to rally against me

• Haha 1

On 8/31/2023 at 4:49 PM, Bukz said:

have you tried recently? there is a reason most human traders moved to painted cosmetics

my guess is no you haven't tried, and you just reply for the sake of maybe getting some users to rally against me

There are other trading bot service providers beyond gladiator.tf from boutique, personal bots to large-scale operations like scrap.tf. Trading bots have been a net positive since they provide real-time liquidity in the marketplace. The fact that bots have lowered the spread between active buyers and sellers is great for regular players. Players can have a reasonable expectation that they could buy a cosmetic for 20 refined, and sell it a week later for +/- reclaimed, so they can buy a different cosmetic to change up their loadout. If you are still out here chasing large margins on cosmetics trades, then you are not with the current trading meta.

The majority of my low tier items are either directly competing with bots, or maybe a little above depending on how much I personally value and want to keep the item. It is impossible to sell a 2 ref cosmetic for 2 ref because there are 30 bots ahead of you that will take 1.88.

I'm doing just fine profiting elsewhere though.

3 minutes ago, Bukz said:

The majority of my low tier items are either directly competing with bots, or maybe a little above depending on how much I personally value and want to keep the item. It is impossible to sell a 2 ref cosmetic for 2 ref because there are 30 bots ahead of you that will take 1.88.

I'm doing just fine profiting elsewhere though.

An item isn't worth 2 refined if there's 30 bots selling it for 1.88 refined.

4 minutes ago, Bukz said:

So I should sell all-class cosmetics for 1.44 ref to make a trade?

Bruh, how did we go from "I'm selling an item for 2 refined, but there are multiple bots selling it for 1.88 refined" to "I should just sell it for 1.44 refined?" That's some weird mental gymnastics.

This scenario would still exist even if no trading bots existed. If you try to sell an item for 2 refined, and there are 30 other players selling it for 1.88 refined, then you would still be unlikely to make the trade. 

• Thanks 1

My trades never see the airtime they need to even have a chance of selling due to the large volume of aggressive undercutting trading bots that have plagued the economy for years. Yes, I would need to charge 1.44 refined for anybody to even consider it. At that point I'll just keep it for my personal collection.

Is it a joke? I copy and paste the same line for almost every trade. Doesn't mean I'm not actually negotiable, hence the blue trade offer arrows. Thanks for trying though.

You don't have to be so aggressive just because you may have stake in the trade bot game. If you want to make things personal I could question why you have a steamrep caution.

I would charge you more for sure. Seems to me like you're no stranger to charging 3x what its worth. Should I post the price discrepancy between our purple painted Grizzled Growths as a perfect example?

Untitled.png

6 hours ago, Bukz said:

I would charge you more for sure. Seems to me like you're no stranger to charging 3x what its worth. Should I post the price discrepancy between our purple painted Grizzled Growths as a perfect example?

Untitled.png

"i would charge you more for sure" thats a backpack.tf ban waiting to happen.

besides their items have parts attached+paint that may inflate the value and in the end whether their prices are high or not is determined by the buyer.

oh and also wrong image lmao

6 hours ago, Baloo said:

Its a forum for a trading site of a dead game. Its all pointless.

its not dead and will never be

• Sad 1