New price suggestion needed on keys any% speedrun

TheDevBug

Let’s see how fast this happens lol, previous one just got accepted hours ago.

Edit: I’m talking about when it gets to be like 10 ref lower, I’m clarifying as some people think I mean like right now.

out of curiosity,what is the supposed reason for this drop ? loads of players after the update = more refs in circulation ?

or is it just completely random

6 hours ago, fran said:

out of curiosity,what is the supposed reason for this drop ? loads of players after the update = more refs in circulation ?

Most agree it has to do with the new update, but I don’t think it’s more refined in circulation as that would probably inflate the price even more.

It’s actually not certain what exactly caused the 30% deflate in key prices. All we know is this is good for the economy and if someone is actively working to fight inflation and has gotten this far, congrats to them it’s clearly working.

7 hours ago, ok good for you said:

wait till it turns 40 ref and stays in 40 range

Ya that’s what I mainly meant when I made this, probably should have clarified that lmao.

13 hours ago, fran said:

There two reasons why the price of Keys in Refined Metal would drop; either there's been an enormous drop in the amount of Refined Metal in circulation or there's been an enormous increase in the number of Keys in circulation.

I don't think it's the latter, but I don't know how it could be the former. Maybe bots aren't getting drops anymore or can't trade anymore.

51 minutes ago, Puddilicious said:

There two reasons why the price of Keys in Refined Metal would drop; either there's been an enormous drop in the amount of Refined Metal in circulation or there's been an enormous increase in the number of Keys in circulation.

I don't think it's the latter, but I don't know how it could be the former. Maybe bots aren't getting drops anymore or can't trade anymore.

the summer hype in this update made it so drop since people are quickselling their keys to get cash to open the cosmetics which meant = decrease in inflation and more increase in dollars

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/7/2023 at 9:19 AM, cant talk 3 warn points said:

the summer hype in this update made it so drop since people are quickselling their keys to get cash to open the cosmetics which meant = decrease in inflation and more increase in dollars

If they're quickselling for cash, then why would that decrease their value in Refined? Refined is actually harder to sell for cash than Keys.

It's true that a decrease in demand for Keys and/or an increase in the demand for Refined would also drop the value of Keys in Refined, but I don't see how a Steam sale would cause that especially since Keys are easier to unload for cash.