Does leaving offer/trade comments on steam profiles get you community banned now?

Penguineer

I logged into steam this morning and my account is community locked because of "malicious comments or upvotes".  All i can do now is wait on steam support to respond to me.

Do people report you these days just for leaving a comment that you want to buy their item or is it an automatic flag that can happen? Does this happen for CSGO players too? The report doesnt even tell me what comment it was.

• Sad 1

Yes, that's the case now and you will hear the support saying it's because of a new scam going on. Once you message support that it was you they will remove this restriction and you should be good.

Its been resolved after a few hours thankfully and yes it seems the culprit is asking to "buy" a persons item in their comment section.

Which is absurd since ive been saying that for like 10+ years but ok i guess i wont do that ever again.

it's 100% absurd , been that way for a couple months now

i usually say "interested in your *name of the item* , add me if you want to negotiate / discuss" or stuff like that

worked well so far but i always delete my original comment after a few days..for that extra safety

• Like 1