Why does every bad price suggestion on keys include …?

TheDevBug

Idk why, but whenever someone makes a price suggestion on keys with no evidence, there is at least 1 sentence ending in …

example:

This price really needs to be updated…

“Proof is in the pudding…” (this one is real so quotation marks!)

Why is nobody making a good suggestion… <—Bad suggestion

Just thought it was kinda funny lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Some people think making a price suggestion is based off personal opinion and recommendations rather than proof. I honestly don’t know why. 

14 minutes ago, ArtKitCat said:

Some people think making a price suggestion is based off personal opinion and recommendations rather than proof. I honestly don’t know why. 

It could be due to how they are named price “suggestions”. This could make people believe they can just give their opinion on what a price should be.

They should be renamed to “price submissions” or something that is more formal than just a suggestion.

if a good suggestion on keys was made and got accepted then refined metal price will increase especially if its 50+ ref

There is actually a really good suggestion right now, refined is gonna nearly double in price if it goes through.

(this was supposed to quote someone lmao)

3 hours ago, DRIFTA said:

what do i do with this information

Know that when making suggestions, including … at the end of a sentence might harm the credibility? Idk it’s just information.

3 hours ago, SoundDrout said:

It could be due to how they are named price “suggestions”. This could make people believe they can just give their opinion on what a price should be.

They should be renamed to “price submissions” or something that is more formal than just a suggestion.

Honestly very good idea, you should suggest this in the backpack.tf suggestions forum.

8 hours ago, DRIFTA said:

what do i do with this information

cry to gaben to release 300.000 artifical keys to the economy

In reference to this situation, It is pretty obvious the price was outdated when the suggested value is 75 ref and there are both buyers and sellers finding equilibrium at 55. I totally understand why people say "proof is in the pudding." Anyone with an idea of how markets/economics work would understand that enough buyers and sellers on either side should be enough to confirm the price. 

But no, bp.tf requires you show "proof." (The proof is meaningless btw because it can be faked, and people can trade to each other using alt accounts) :)

Suggestions that are backed up by multiple active buyers and sellers should be enough to confirm the price.

Ive never said anything about this before but figured Id put my opinion in since this thread is just opinions.